Wonder why Airbus didn't think about this? A cost saver, for sure!

Look close, this is a fictional Airbus A370! The developer not only found a way to eliminate 2 engines (savings in fuel) but also found a way to keep the 2 levels of passenger seating which kept the revenue coming in, the same as the A380!

I know, it is fictional, but I thought it was different and thought I would give it a try! Does appear to fly great and all seems to work!

2020-7-13_17-19-55-456.jpg

Rick :cool:

It looks like, apart from the missing two engines, it is the same size as the 380. The reason that the 380, or the 747, or any 4 engine airplane ever in history, has had 4 engines is that it takes, or took, all 4 of them to get the thing airborne with the proper performance. Not since the 1940's has there ever been any other reason for more engines.

The 380 needed 4 of the world's biggest engines to do the trick. In order to get it down to two it would need to weigh about as much as a 777-300. Unlikely that a double deck airplane could meet that requirement.

Also, the world does not need the capacity and won't for a long time, likely not ever....

Still, a nice concept and nicely executed!

Still, a nice concept and nicely executed!

And that, my friend, is why it will remain "fictional!" My original thoughts went along the same line as yours, just thought this might bring out some thoughts for discussion!

Have a super evening and thanks for commenting!

Blair, seeing that this is a fictional aircraft, there can't be spec's on something that doesn't exist??:rolleyes: When I first started downloading and working with the A380's, I definitely had the guppy attitude towards them, but, i guess the look just got the best of me, and I don't seem to mind it any more! As long as they fly well, I can't see what's on the outside until I am back down on earth! They're okay, my favorite Airbus are the A300 and the 318-321's!

Thanks Blair!

I bet those are some powerful engines! Cool one Rick :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]