Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Release Date Announced

Blog Entries

Default Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator Release Date Announced

2. Default

One can upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro without reinstalling the OS simply by making an in-app purchase in Windows 10 Home.
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to upgrade from Standard to Premium via an in-app purchase in the Standard edition of MSFS?
    Last edited by Buddy308; 07-13-2020 at 01:35 PM.

They don't say how the upgrade process would work.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...-Pre-order-FAQ

4. Default

I can't believe they have made it so in the standard version we can see all the airports in the world but can only land and takeoff from the 40 they have chosen...Wow
    https://realsport101.com/misc/flight...t-in-the-game/
    Last edited by tusler; 07-13-2020 at 03:55 PM.

It does seem odd that there are only a few airports to use. I'm guessing there will be more to purachase at a later date but to spend $60 to $120 and then hit you for more seems a bit harsh. After seeing this I may stick with FSX. Im a big fan of freeware.
    Happy Flyin

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tusler View Post
    I can't believe they have made it so in the standard version we can see all the airports in the world but can only land and takeoff from the 40 they have chosen...Wow
    https://realsport101.com/misc/flight...t-in-the-game/
    This is not correct. You can use all airports just like FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by amberdog1 View Post
    It does seem odd that there are only a few airports to use. I'm guessing there will be more to purachase at a later date but to spend $60 to $120 and then hit you for more seems a bit harsh. After seeing this I may stick with FSX. Im a big fan of freeware.
    Happy Flyin
    No, there are 37,000 airports to fly from. Far more than FSX had. The 40 airports are more highly detailed, compared to the rest which use generic buildings etc.

The strong implication is that financially it would be better to go for the gold right away. It appears that to buy basic and then upgrade to Executive Platinum will cost more than initially buying the whole monte at first.

But going basic might be a good strategy for those like me who have to make do with minimalist rigs. Once I get the cutting edge computer, if I ever do, the extra bucks to get the whole nine yards would probably be small potatoes. And, if it doesn't work well on my creaking old machine, and I never do get enough saved up to improve the platform, I won't be out $120, just $60 or so.

If I do go for the gold it will be for the airports, not the airplanes. Although there are more airplanes out-of-the-box here than ever before, it is quite light on airline metal, and basically has nothing that is anything like anything I have actually flown. Color me odd, but I have no interest in anything built by Airbus (except the A-300-600R), nor the 787; which leaves only the 747 but in a version that none but a few freight airlines actually fly! So, much will depend upon whether and how quickly we see add-ons like a good 727 or 757/767. Maybe the 737-800 as well.

They have cleverly split my favorite airports across the spectrum of the three levels, so that I will probably eventually go for the whole monte. Just a matter of how I go about it.

Decisions, decisions! But they are good decisions!
    Last edited by avallillo; 07-13-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by avallillo View Post
    The strong implication is that financially it would be better to go for the gold right away. It appears that to buy basic and then upgrade to Executive Platinum will cost more than initially buying the whole monte at first.

Decisions, decisions! But they are good decisions!
    One option, at least for those with decent internet connections, is to sign up for the one month trial of the Xbox Game Pass for PC for $1. This gets you the Standard edition to download and try. Included with the Game Pass is an option to buy any of the included games at a discount (up to 20%).

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games

Love a game currently in the library and want to own it? You can buy it and save up to 20%, plus get up to 10% off related game DLC and add-ons. Discounts are based on the Microsoft Store price and are tiered based on the game’s global launch date. Between 31 and 90 days from a game’s launch date, members receive up to a 10% discount off the Microsoft Store price. After 90 days from a game’s launch date, members receive up to a 20% discount. For game DLC and add-ons, Xbox Game Pass members receive up to a 10% discount from the day the add-on is released. Xbox Game Pass discounts are not combinable with other offers and are not redeemable for cash; discount offers exclude games within 30 days of launch and are not available with select games; discounts based on Microsoft Store price.

10. Default

I remember with MSFS X they released a demo version and it gave you an idea of how it would run on your rig. Would be nice to have that with this one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast