Big announcement from Microsoft!

“Microsoft Flight Simulator Set for launch August 18th”

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-set-for-launch-on-august-18-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Steve, I just spotted the news myself on Steam. Looks like the Premium Deluxe version is the one to go for, whenever it becomes available. I wonder if we'll be able to upgrade from Standard to Deluxe and then Premium Deluxe as they are released, and how much the upgrades will cost? Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I’ve just placed my order for the Premium Deluxe. I guess I can say that I’ve been an Alpha tester now, but like the rest of us, I wasn’t expecting this news just yet!

Not sure about upgrading from one version to another. I suppose they may let you upgrade with it being digital content.

They also say you can order it on a disc.. how many discs will you need? Lol

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

They also say you can order it on a disc.. how many discs will you need? Lol

Regards

Steve

The disc version likely only includes the offline scenery, so probably not too many, provided they go with Blu-ray.

I've also pre-ordered Premium Deluxe and a new 4k monitor - I see that there are options for upgrading from Standard to Deluxe and Premium Deluxe, but I can't see any prices. Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Has anyone seen confirmation of a off-line mode?

I have a feeling it's going to be on-line to do anything

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I've also pre-ordered Premium Deluxe and a new 4k monitor - I see that there are options for upgrading from Standard to Deluxe and Premium Deluxe, but I can't see any prices.

Is that to use with your oculus rift?

"It’s certainly—and I quote head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jörg Neumann—a "high priority" for the team, following fan feedback and the common assumption that there’d be full VR support based on the reveal trailer.

VR at launch can’t be guaranteed though, says Neumann. The team is currently working on its implementation though, so it seems like a when, rather than an if."

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-trailer/

$120 for the biggest package plus a subscriptions required with XBox? And only 40 airports without my home town of KDFW? No thanks. I'll pass. I'm going to stick with FS9 and all of my addons.

You don't need to have the Xbox Gamepass subscription for the PC version. And there are far more than 40 airports, over 37,000 in fact. The 40 they are referring to are the highly detailed ones, with the rest using more generic buildings etc. Have a look at the Discovery Episode on airports to get more details.

Q: What airports come fully hand-crafted for each edition?

A: The following is a list of customized, hand-crafted airports that come with each edition below. There will be over 37,000 airports in the sim.

Edited by loki
Corrected airport count

Is that to use with your oculus rift?https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-trailer/

Sorry but VR isn't my 'thing': I'm fine with one monitor, keyboard, mouse, yoke and pedals.

Any word if they are gonna charge a subscription to the servers ? I know the developing team said no but now MS has their hands on it so I was wondering. Thanks !
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

Any word if they are gonna charge a subscription to the servers ? I know the developing team said no but now MS has their hands on it so I was wondering. Thanks !

Nothing on the official site says a subscription is required for any of the features. The only subscription listed is Xbox Gamepass for PC, which is not required to buy the game.

Yes, they have confirmed an offline mode in one of the Discovery Episodes.

I see something called Digital Ownership that suggests this. Can you point me to the episode?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Nothing on the official site says a subscription is required for any of the features. The only subscription listed is Xbox Gamepass for PC, which is not required to buy the game.

THANKS, was hoping not ! Release date caught me off guard as I need new PC's to run this. My thought was release in 2021 so im way behind schedule now. Hope the wife understands.lol. If not I will see yall in yep, 2021 :)

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

here is what i basically understand from 3 available versions:

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

FS2020 basic has 20 detailed aircraft

FS2020 Deluxe has 5 "highly detailed" aircraft

FS2020 premium deluxe has 10 "highly detailed" aircraft

basic has more handcrafted airport than premium deluxe ?!

so whats worthed?

basic with 20 aircraft or premium with 10 detailed aircraft ?

and whats "detailed" ?

Any comparaisons with FSX ?

some one explain pls.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

here is what i basically understand from 3 available versions:

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

FS2020 basic has 20 detailed aircraft

FS2020 Deluxe has 5 "highly detailed" aircraft

FS2020 premium deluxe has 10 "highly detailed" aircraft

basic has more handcrafted airport than premium deluxe ?!

so whats worthed?

basic with 20 aircraft or premium with 10 detailed aircraft ?

and whats "detailed" ?

Any comparaisons with FSX ?

some one explain pls.

Each level has more planes and airports than the previous.

Each level has more planes and airports than the previous.

?!

so why does basic has more planes ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I see something called Digital Ownership that suggests this. Can you point me to the episode?

Digital ownership simply means you own a digital only copy, like buying a game through steam. It doesn’t mean online only.

Think it was the World episode.

It doesn’t. Read it again. The Premium has 10 planes in addition to what the Standard one has.

oh ok !!!!

so whats the detailed aircraft difference ?

will basic edition allow us to manually buy and add the additional aircraft that are included in the other deluxe versions ?

will it be real life cockpits ?

Edited by lefu