Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Big announcement from Microsoft!

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CBILL737 View Post
    Some of you guys may be negative or overly critical of, yet to be out there, hopefully fantastic, FS 2020 ... I think it will be an adventure, technically and experientially ...
    Hope i dont come across negative, overly critical just cautious and curious. I am wigged to see this puppy on my new system when the build is done ! Even the standard offline version is IMO worth the $60 ! I have been buying MS Flight Sims since FS 1.0. Got almost every edition so I have been thru the promises and let downs. This time I am forced to wait until my new PC's and rig is flight worthy sometime towards the end of the year as my current system falls short..... CANT WAIT !!!!

Hi, I am back into flight sim 2004 again, tried MSX, didn't like it. I got back into flightsim.com. I just saw the coming MS2020 forum. It looks very good, so I am reading about the responses on the forum. The bad comments that was made about windows 10, I just installed W10, loved W7, and the M2020. One of the recent comments was "may go to gaming console". What is a Gaming Console? I spent a lot of money upgrading my computer for "Wings Over Flanders Fields", very disappointed with the game. Been out of sims a number of years. Now health issues and age force me to look for inside interests. MS 2020, looks very good, but I don't want to upgrade again. So What is a Gaming Console?? Sorry if this is a dumb question, humor a old guy.

Thanks
    Rich
    Rich is always flying low and fast.

3. Default

Heard a buzz on another site ( Ya I know) that FS2020 will not support multiple screens/monitors/TV's etc like FSX, Steam. P3d.... Any truth to this ? So many if ands or butts.lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Th1racer View Post
    Heard a buzz on another site ( Ya I know) that FS2020 will not support multiple screens/monitors/TV's etc like FSX, Steam. P3d.... Any truth to this ? So many if ands or butts.lol....
    That buzz would be wrong. Give the Discovery Episode on Cockpits a watch. And then watch the rest.

https://youtu.be/eLcSNppK14k

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ace View Post
    What is a Gaming Console?
    Gaming consoles are the boxes you plug into your TV, like the PlayStations and Xboxes. While earlier consoles were focused entirely on games, that latest generations, especially the Xbox line, are more like specialized entertainment PCs. They support steering wheels, joysticks, throttles, rudder pedals, mice and keyboards and can run other apps besides just games. One of the main differences between the consoles and a traditional PC is that consoles are cheaper and mostly plug and play. You don't need to worry about drivers, Windows settings or tweaking game configurations. The down side is that they are locked down as to what you can install as everything either comes on disc or through the built-in digital store. You can't download something off a random website and run it like you can on a PC, for example.

Regarding the new sim, we only know that it is coming to the current Xbox One and upcoming Xbox Series X consoles. Beyond that they haven't provided any more details, including a release date for the console version. For those looking for a relatively cheap path to running the sim, an Xbox console is certainly worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by iainso View Post
    Interesting pricing model, I was expecting the scenery streaming resolution/realtime weather/traffic to be factors in the different editions.

As it stands for me I see no compelling reason to go premium, can live without my local heathrow airport.
    Would be interested in the 787, but I expect PMDG will come out with a better one before long.
    My thoughts too, Iain. Is one out of the extra airports you are likely to use a few times and another modern tubeliner, worth another £50? I'm sure the default Heathrow will suffice for most purposes and my interest is more in older jets - 727's, DC10's, Tristars etc. Now if the bonus aircraft had included a L-1011 I might have been tempted! And while the images and video clips of the included aircraft look to be of a better standard than previous versions (with the Dyson vacuum cleaner jet spool sound), once the add-ons come out they will be left in the hangar.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Gaming consoles are the boxes you plug into your TV, like the PlayStations and Xboxes. While earlier consoles were focused entirely on games, that latest generations, especially the Xbox line, are more like specialized entertainment PCs. They support steering wheels, joysticks, throttles, rudder pedals, mice and keyboards and can run other apps besides just games. One of the main differences between the consoles and a traditional PC is that consoles are cheaper and mostly plug and play. You don't need to worry about drivers, Windows settings or tweaking game configurations. The down side is that they are locked down as to what you can install as everything either comes on disc or through the built-in digital store. You can't download something off a random website and run it like you can on a PC, for example.

Regarding the new sim, we only know that it is coming to the current Xbox One and upcoming Xbox Series X consoles. Beyond that they haven't provided any more details, including a release date for the console version. For those looking for a relatively cheap path to running the sim, an Xbox console is certainly worth a look.
    Looking forward to being able to do some scenery tours and seat-of-the-pants flying from my sofa, but
    can we get decent joysticks/yokes for the xbox one? Doubt it, and can't imagine trying to fly with an xbox controller (done it in hawx, and flying x-wings in star wars - it's just weird)
    Iain
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
    AMD RADEON RX 5700XT

Quote Originally Posted by iainso View Post
    Looking forward to being able to do some scenery tours and seat-of-the-pants flying from my sofa, but
    can we get decent joysticks/yokes for the xbox one? Doubt it, and can't imagine trying to fly with an xbox controller (done it in hawx, and flying x-wings in star wars - it's just weird)
    Yes you can use joysticks with Xbox already, and the Series X will have compatibility with yokes, throttles and pedals eventually.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    That buzz would be wrong. Give the Discovery Episode on Cockpits a watch. And then watch the rest.

https://youtu.be/eLcSNppK14k
    Watched it and all the others the day they came out. This cat said there was a change. Figured it was BS ! Thanks !

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    My thoughts too, Iain. Is one out of the extra airports you are likely to use a few times and another modern tubeliner, worth another £50? I'm sure the default Heathrow will suffice for most purposes and my interest is more in older jets - 727's, DC10's, Tristars etc. Now if the bonus aircraft had included a L-1011 I might have been tempted! And while the images and video clips of the included aircraft look to be of a better standard than previous versions (with the Dyson vacuum cleaner jet spool sound), once the add-ons come out they will be left in the hangar.

I'm with you. I still use FS9 and I didn't like FSX. I only fly the HJG DC9-30 and the HJG B727-100/200. I am assuming that FS2020 will not have those aircraft. I am really not interested in flying an Airbus or the B787 as I like the old way of flying. I'm going to stick with FS9 and all of the great add ons that I have.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast