Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Big announcement from Microsoft!

Just a note about the questions being asked about the differences in scenery and airports between FSX and the new Flightsimulator (MSFS). In addition to the Discovery Series that was mentioned earlier, YouTube is your friend. There are several postings of comparisons of same airports between the two and a couple include XP11. Interesting viewing.. Also, The Chinese equivalent to You Tube, Bilibili.com, also has more postings that one would suspect some Alpha testers obviously ignored the NDAs. Lots of interesting tidbits. Also noted that in the new FS FAQ, it stated that the basic and deluxe version can be upgraded, however, it will be more cost effective to buy the one with the features you want in the first place. For instance, (and these prices are for illustration only..not the actual upgrade price) if you buy the standard version for $60 you can upgrade to the premium content for $75. you've now spent $135 whereas you could have just bought the premium in the first place for $120.

Also mentioned in the Microsoft posting, the disc version will be only available to European customers. Not sure if that's to do with download speeds in Europe or exactly why. All other locales will require the internet to download.

Interesting times indeed.Seeing how closed Beta is supposed to start by the end of this month, Seems an awfully short time for Beta testing though unless perhaps on August 18th is the start of the open Beta and the RFM might be later in the year. Fair winds........and blue skies..Terry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VRdude View Post
    You guys are so cheap and demanding its a wonder MS even bothers with you. WHO CARES if you have to upgrade to Windows 10??? ASFAIK you can still upgrade for free anyway. Even better just get a dedicated gaming rig. WHO CARES how many planes there are, or airports...I guarantee 99% of you fly ONE airplane out of ONE airport 99% of the time.

With the scenery we are seeing I would buy this (VR version of course) if it had one cessna 172 and one airport.
    W10 is crap.

I’m not shelling out for a gaming rig (money is tight thanks to the Wuhan China Virus)

Demanding? No. But a first day purchase? No. There will be bugs and such out of the gate as well, so it’ll be better to wait. My opinion.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by kingnorris View Post
    W10 is crap.

I’m not shelling out for a gaming rig
    I fully agree, Windows 10 will be a serious drain on the resources of even the best gaming hardware that money can buy. I'll be pre-ordering the new Xbox Series X and running MSFS on that asap - can't wait to get my flight simming away from Windows and PC's with their constant updates and compatibility issues.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 07-14-2020 at 07:27 AM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

I pre-purchased the Premium Deluxe yesterday. It just occurs to me, none of my collection of FSX 3rd party scenery will be useful for FS 2020, right?

That's right, the scenery is completely new for this sim. You might be lucky and have a couple of aircraft which will port over, but even they won't be 100% compatible.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by VRdude View Post
    I don't get that. Have you tried it? Saying "VR isn't my thing" is like saying "a larger monitor isn't my thing...I prefer to have a smaller view when flying."
    VR is by far the best way to sim...it's revolutionary. How can some of you just dismiss it?

"Less than two weeks later, however, after hearing feedback from the community as to how important VR is for a flight simulator, the sim’s lead committed ‘we will try our darnedest to make it happen’."

It doesn't make any sense. You all should be going nuts about it...there was enough push back from the sim community to microsoft about adding VR that they are now implementing it...but on this forum there is hardly any talk of it...what gives?
    VR is a 3D feature, many cant stand the effects of it.
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

W10 is crap.

I’m not shelling out for a gaming rig (money is tight thanks to the Wuhan China Virus)

Demanding? No. But a first day purchase? No. There will be bugs and such out of the gate as well, so it’ll be better to wait. My opinion.
    Its true that buying it the first months could be a head ache with the bugs.

But why do you say W10 is crap ?
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

W10 is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    I fully agree, Windows 10 will be a serious drain on the resources of even the best gaming hardware that money can buy. I'll be pre-ordering the new Xbox Series X and running MSFS on that asap - can't wait to get my flight simming away from Windows and PC's with their constant updates and compatibility issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    Its true that buying it the first months could be a head ache with the bugs.

But why do you say W10 is crap ?
    All good points actually...I forget what a headache PC's can be what with all the updates that apparently I can't disable in W10???

https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-r...date%20feature.

"Understand the limitations of this method. While disabling the automatic update service will temporarily halt any Windows 10 cumulative updates, the service will re-enable itself after a certain amount of time. Here are the directions"

I may consider going to the stability of a gaming console for MSFS2020 as well.
    Last edited by VRdude; 07-14-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks. Very helpful. more questions. I have two add-on planes How will that be handled. Will there be carrier landing features for us old Navy guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    VR is a 3D feature, many cant stand the effects of it.
    Count me as one of those. So short in so many areas... still.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast