Big announcement from Microsoft!

It doesn’t. Read it again. The Premium has 10 planes in addition to what the Standard one has.

Great Link that shows what each version gets with recommended Peripherals / controls !

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope :) ...

You or anyone have a visual comparison of FSX vs FS2020 Standard, Deluxe and Premium regular Airports, Planes vs High detailed etc ?

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

Nope :) ...

You or anyone have a visual comparison of FSX vs FS2020 Standard, Deluxe and Premium regular Airports, Planes vs High detailed etc ?

As the sim isn’t out yet and the alpha testers are still under NDA, the closest are the Discovery Episodes, screenshots and videos they have released. More detailed comparisons probably won’t happen until after it has been released.

Just read this on regular news.. Good news. As an FSX Deluxe user will the new sim be able to do all the similarities I am used to...creating my own flights, Deluxe has a ton of airports around the world... can fly almost any where.....???

Don T.

I highly recommend watching the feature discovery episodes they have put out. Note that you can turn on subtitles/captions if you find their accents hard to follow.

Also give the FAQ that has been posted in this thread a read. One point is that the sim includes 37,000 airports. FSX only had about 20,000.

One option for those that want to try the sim before buying is to take advantage of the current deal to sign up for Xbox Game Pass for $1. This would give you access to the Standard edition.

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-game-pass/pc-games?&OCID=AID2100218_SEM_Xwy0FgAABAdpTkbz:20200713142054:s&msclkid=4c78d7b3c8b21f79c87588bf7ca2f274&ef_id=Xwy0FgAABAdpTkbz:20200713142054:s

Sorry but VR isn't my 'thing': I'm fine with one monitor, keyboard, mouse, yoke and pedals.

I don't get that. Have you tried it? Saying "VR isn't my thing" is like saying "a larger monitor isn't my thing...I prefer to have a smaller view when flying."

VR is by far the best way to sim...it's revolutionary. How can some of you just dismiss it?

"Less than two weeks later, however, after hearing feedback from the community as to how important VR is for a flight simulator, the sim’s lead committed ‘we will try our darnedest to make it happen’."

It doesn't make any sense. You all should be going nuts about it...there was enough push back from the sim community to microsoft about adding VR that they are now implementing it...but on this forum there is hardly any talk of it...what gives?

Edited by VRdude

Thanks....

Now that the release date as been set im hoping the NDA will be lifted and we can get some insider comparisons ! If I come across anything I will post it in here

From Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok .. (as you know, they will be marketing the boxed version of Microsoft Flight Simulator)..

Let me explain what the boxed version actually contains. Microsoft Flight SImulator (that's the name, not FS2020) contains four major parts (Note the sizes are estimates from what we know at this moment.)

The simulator code itself (the 'sim') that is around 15 MB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.

The world and aircraft delivered by Microsoft, (that content depends on the version (the 'content') that is around 90 GB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.

Optional online streamed content (this is an optional part of the sim)

3rd party files (clearly fully optional)

Our DVD's contains 'all' of part 2, apart from the updates Microsoft and Asobo do between the moment the the DVD's are pressed and release. When you install, the sim will updates all files immediately form the servers and you will get the very latest code for the simulator itself and all content is updated. This is very much a simulator that depends on the cloud if you want to use it to its full potential. So the boxed version makes it possible for people on a slower internet connection to get the sim installed without downloading the 'content'. So the simulator is in every way, 100% the same. The boxed retail version just gets you a nice box, printed manual and about 90 Gb you do not have to download. There is no difference between boxed retail and the verison MS sells directly.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

From Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok .. (as you know, they will be marketing the boxed version of Microsoft Flight Simulator)..

Let me explain what the boxed version actually contains. Microsoft Flight SImulator (that's the name, not FS2020) contains four major parts (Note the sizes are estimates from what we know at this moment.)

The simulator code itself (the 'sim') that is around 15 MB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.

The world and aircraft delivered by Microsoft, (that content depends on the version (the 'content') that is around 90 GB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.

Optional online streamed content (this is an optional part of the sim)

3rd party files (clearly fully optional)

Our DVD's contains 'all' of part 2, apart from the updates Microsoft and Asobo do between the moment the the DVD's are pressed and release. When you install, the sim will updates all files immediately form the servers and you will get the very latest code for the simulator itself and all content is updated. This is very much a simulator that depends on the cloud if you want to use it to its full potential. So the boxed version makes it possible for people on a slower internet connection to get the sim installed without downloading the 'content'. So the simulator is in every way, 100% the same. The boxed retail version just gets you a nice box, printed manual and about 90 Gb you do not have to download. There is no difference between boxed retail and the verison MS sells directly.

THANKS !!!! Do you know whee I can view the online vs offline visuals ?

The Standard edition frankly will suit my needs, in terms of additional aircraft the only one outside that version I would have been interested in was the 787.

Will be curious to see what $60 translates into for £sterling - probably £60 allowing for exchange rates and VAT. Hopefully it will be on Steam which is probably the most effective way of buying. Boxed edition is nice but I don't really fancy installing 90Gb of data from disc - been there done that once with GTA V and it was a long tedious process.

August 18th is not that far away and my only concern is as the sim moves out of alpha, it doesn't leave much time for beta testing and the gold phase.

Must admit I'm getting quite pumped for this.

Edit: Just checked MS UK site and RRP for the Standard Edition will be £59.99. £109.99 for the Deluxe.

Edited by Elvensmith
Vern.

Thanks....

Now that the release date as been set im hoping the NDA will be lifted and we can get some insider comparisons ! If I come across anything I will post it in here

I wouldn't expect the NDA to be lifted. Alpha NDAs are often left in place even after release. And when it comes to questions like yours, it's largely irrelevant what happened in the alpha as the final product is what matters.

THANKS !!!! Do you know whee I can view the online vs offline visuals ?

Think it was the very first Discovery Episode showing the world that included shots and explanations of the different modes, including offline.

Thanks again Loki !!!!

An important fact here, regardless the release date and content, the product is going to be continually updated. So, it gets better with time, regardless how good it is at release.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Looks really great, but I’m still running Windows 7 and have no desire to go to W10.

So, enjoy folks, but I’ll pass.

Edited by kingnorris
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Looks really great, but I’m still running Windows 7 and have no desire to go to W10.

So, enjoy folks, but I’ll pass.

Felt the same way. I hate Windows 10 but got it for FS2020 and also Prepar3D v5 needed it. I hate it so much I put it on a separate NVME stick.

You can get Windows 10 and use it without activating it, or find those overseas keys for $20 or less. I found a unopened boxed retail Windows 10 Pro version on eBay for $60.00

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

It’s not just that, it’s that my current FSX hangar is stocked with some great aircraft. I hate the idea of upgrading and having to wait for the same ones to be made...
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

It’s not just that, it’s that my current FSX hangar is stocked with some great aircraft. I hate the idea of upgrading and having to wait for the same ones to be made...

You could run both sims....

There's some promise of a legacy mode to use FSX aircraft, but not going to hold my breath. We'll have to wait and see.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

An important fact here, regardless the release date and content, the product is going to be continually updated. So, it gets better with time, regardless how good it is at release.

So true. Just taking in the new experience, regardless of favourite aircraft, missing that and this etc is not relevant at this point. The extras will come in due time with future releases and 3rd party addons. The leap in technology for weather, special effects, water simulation etc is something everyone should appreciate with this release.

I wouldn't expect the NDA to be lifted. Alpha NDAs are often left in place even after release. And when it comes to questions like yours, it's largely irrelevant what happened in the alpha as the final product is what matters.

I think the Alpha will become unavailable (no access etc) when they finally drop the NDA, & as you say, the sim will probably have been released by then anyway.

For a moment, I thought it’d already happened yesterday as it took me a couple of try’s to connect.

Regards, Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yep, I would expect that access to the alpha will be cut off when it is released, if not before. Regarding the NDA, it's not uncommon for those to be left in place for years after the final version is released. However, at that point everyone will be able to talk about the final version all they want.

You guys are so cheap and demanding its a wonder MS even bothers with you. WHO CARES if you have to upgrade to Windows 10??? ASFAIK you can still upgrade for free anyway. Even better just get a dedicated gaming rig. WHO CARES how many planes there are, or airports...I guarantee 99% of you fly ONE airplane out of ONE airport 99% of the time.

With the scenery we are seeing I would buy this (VR version of course) if it had one cessna 172 and one airport.

Edited by VRdude