A300 B4(F) Gander, Newfoundland to Omaha, Nebraska

Tried something a bit different. Rather than a GPS direct and a great circle route, I picked out a few waypoints myself to fly. One airport was under cloud cover so I didn't get a shot. So, CTQX to KOMA.

PART 1

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

Please see PART 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Part 2

JFK

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

Dayton, Ohio

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

fsscr019.jpg

fsscr020.jpg

fsscr021.jpg

Please see PART 3

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

part 3

fsscr022.jpg

fsscr023.jpg

fsscr024.jpg

fsscr025.jpg

fsscr026.jpg

fsscr027.jpg

fsscr028.jpg

fsscr029.jpg

fsscr030.jpg

fsscr031.jpg

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yes Gander,

That's where many people from both North America and Europe stopped to refuel on early Trans Atlantic flights! My wife was among them.

In 1962 she was in high school and on a group "educational tour" to Europe. They left D.C. then stopped to refuel at Gander and at Shannon. Going the other way, they reversed the process.

Two years ago we were on the QMII returning to NYC from Southampton when a passenger became deadly ill and they diverted far enough north so a rescue chopper from Gander could take the ill passenger off the upper deck of the ship for treatment. Having been an old chopper guy myself, I'd have loved to be able to get up on that deck, but for obvious reasons, it wasn't allowed.

Having said that, I did some pretty good pictures of the bird from our stateroom patio. ;)

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Oh yes Gander,

That's where many people from both North America and Europe stopped to refuel on early Trans Atlantic flights! My wife was among them.

In 1962 she was in high school and on a group "educational tour" to Europe. They left D.C. then stopped to refuel at Gander and at Shannon. Going the other way, they reversed the process.

Two years ago we were on the QMII returning to NYC from Southampton when a passenger became deadly ill and they diverted far enough north so a rescue chopper from Gander could take the ill passenger off the upper deck of the ship for treatment. Having been an old chopper guy myself, I'd have loved to be able to get up on that deck, but for obvious reasons, it wasn't allowed.

Having said that, I did some pretty good pictures of the bird from our stateroom patio. ;)

Michael

Wow, sounds like you’ve had a lot of life adventures!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's about the best way to get through JFK!

Good trip David!

Thank you much!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice pics David! You DHL aircraft is awesome!

Rick :cool:

Appreciate it Rick!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yes Gander,

Michael

Good memories! My first flight to Europe was in 1962 on an Icelandair DC-6 from JFK (different name back then, but I don't remember) to Gander for refueling, then to Reykjavik, Iceland, and then to Copenhagen, Denmark. In Reykjavik they bussed us to a restaurant downtown for dinner. Drinks were free in Tourist Class!

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Wow, sounds like you’ve had a lot of life adventures!

Yes,

I've always been a wandering sort! I'd probably, almost surely, be much better off if I had ever been more of a home-body.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice pictures, David! Is this the Thomas Ruth model?

I’ll have to check and let you know after I get off work.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like the new MSFS is coming out in beta August 18 :eek:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I checked, yes this is the Thomas Ruth model. Very nice to fly.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine work with the pics of this flight David. I've always liked the DHL livery, very bright and you can't miss it. :cool: :cool: :)

There are other livery’s and models but I need to fly them in the areas they would fly but not North America.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

gander is where they landed a lot more aircraft than they knew they could after 911

That is true. Strange times

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]