Very difficult for me to get excited about something I can't use.

You need two functional eyes for VR to work. It's the two different pictures being sent to your brain that give the appearance of 3D.

So for me, it's useless. Looks same as a flat-screen TV. I only have one eye left after I ran into a horse, square on, on my motorcycle, at 60 MPH. The loss of the eye was one permanent injury. Same with 3D movies and so on, that you need the special glasses for. Don't work for me.

I can wear my patch, and carry my parrot on my shoulder. All it takes is for me to say "ARRrRR!" :D :D

So, for those for whom it works, I am glad for them. But I can't see, no pun intended, getting overly excited about it myself.

Does that answer your question for me?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Very difficult for me to get excited about something I can't use.

You need two functional eyes for VR to work. It's the two different pictures being sent to your brain that give the appearance of 3D.

So for me, it's useless. Looks same as a flat-screen TV. I only have one eye left after I ran into a horse, square on, on my motorcycle, at 60 MPH. The loss of the eye was one permanent injury. Same with 3D movies and so on, that you need the special glasses for. Don't work for me.

I can wear my patch, and carry my parrot on my shoulder. All it takes is for me to say "ARRrRR!" :D :D

So, for those for whom it works, I am glad for them. But I can't see, no pun intended, getting overly excited about it myself.

Does that answer your question for me?

Pat☺

Actually no. I just tested it with one eye closed and it looks the same. It looked just like it would if I were flying in the real world with one eye closed. I guess you don't get the same depth perception just like you wouldn't in the real world, but that would be more realistic anyway. Honestly I couldn't tell any difference with one eye or with both eyes as far as the VR experience.

Not everyone shares your same passion for Virtual Reality. And besides, we are dealing with Microsoft who will probably be a day late and a dollar short to the party!

I don't see how anybody who has tried VR on a decent system could EVER consider going back to non-VR flying. Once it comes out for MS2020 with or without hand-tracking it will be awesome!

Edited by VRdude