Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FSX USA Ground Textures

1. Default FSX USA Ground Textures

Looking to download and install the 8 part USA scenery. I noticed most of the file names are the same and of the same size. Do I write over the files? Yes, I will save a back up to another location. Also noticed the Europe files ( 8 parts ) also have file names that are the same.
    Last edited by Nels_Anderson; 07-13-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Blog Entries

It would be helpful if you were more specific. Based on your description I cannot figure out what files you are trying to install.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    It would be helpful if you were more specific. Based on your description I cannot figure out what files you are trying to install.
    I was referring to the File Library, Must Have Files, USA Scenery parts 1 - 8.

4. Default

I am starting over with a new computer Rysen 3600 16 gig GTX 950. Don't want to screw this up. I see a lot of files, in general, that are scenery files to download, with file names and extensions already exists in the, my, FSX directory. Sp1 and SP2 are installed. That was just an example. How can you tell if a file is newer than the file you already have? If I download scenery files to FSX, do I overwrite the ones that are there?

5. Default

File Library, Hot Files, FSX, USA Scenery Textures, by Adam Mills.

6. Default

Freemeshx? Then see here:
    http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/

Would be helpful if you had named this post differently - File library Hot files will help nobody in the future who may encounter the same issue! USA scenery would have been better!

Blog Entries

OK, I finally figured out what you are referring to.

I can't say this often enough, for people who want help, it would be a really good idea to ask a question that actually makes sense. You initially asked about something you said was in the "Hot Files" list, but was actually in the "Must Have Files" list, two totally different pages. You called it "USA Scenery" when the actual name was "USA Ground Textures". It's awful hard to help when no one can figure out what you are talking about.

But now having found the files, your initial question makes no sense. Each file has a different file name, i.e. usagndp1.zip, usagndp2.zip, etc. So I'm still not sure what your real question is...

9. Default

Only install what you like.
    You really don't have to install every file in the library.

10. Default

Only install what you like.
    You really don't have to install every file in the library.
    You don't even have to install any!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast