newsletter in HTML format instead of Plain Text

ghall

Hello,

I had been receiving the FlightSim newsletter in HTML format (so images are automatically displayed) for several years now. Then recently I resubscribed to FlightSim due to some problems accessing the web site with my account. Now the newsletter is emailed to me in Plain Text format (with links to images) and I can't find a place in settings where I can change the newsletter back to HTML format. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

ghall

It's probably due to your email client or email service not parsing HTML content and/or loading images by default. What are you using to view emails? Like Thunderbird or outlook, or simply some website?

===Sorta Off Topic Warning===

To those reading this post. Parsing HTML in emails can be dangerous. For one, there is a flaw in PGP and your private key can be exposed with the parsing of HTML. Also, loading images by default can be dangerous as well. For one, you can get in your email with what is called a canary token which is a small 1x1 pixel image so you'll won't see it. What this does is tells me your IP address, user agent and other things. If I have your IP address I can fire up a program (which shall remain nameless here) and get inside your router. From there I can try to get in your computer and the rest is history.

Just food for thought to those reading this. Nothing you have to be too worried about though. I chose to not not images by default or parse HTML content unless I absolutely need to and I can trust the recipient.

At any rate, to you, the OP, again, I need to know what email client or email service you are using. It's more than likely your option to parse HTML and/or images is off. Look for that.

I use Outlook clients (2016 and 2019). I've been receiving the HTML version of the FlightSim newsletter in this same client just fine up to a couple of days ago when I needed to resubscribe. Now it's text version. Typically, any newsletters/notifications I subscribe to have an option to specify if you want them to be sent as HTML or plain text. I thought I might be able to find that here.

Ah, okay, so if the emails in your email client are parsing HTML, then it would perhaps be the option here then about whether you prefer HTML or text formatted emails.

I don't see where this subscription is at, so to find out how to get these emails sent in HTML you may want to contact the webmaster. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?20