Trouble using dual monitors.

ftolian

I am at wits end with this issue. I hope someone else can steer me in the right direction. I have contacted the computer manufacturer and the video card manufacturer.

I have an issue about using dual monitors.

IBUYPOWER Model BB980 Computer

Video Card = NVIDIA Radeon GeForce GTX1660

Monitor 1 = LG Monitor Model 32UK50T-W is connected to the Display Port option on the video card. Several resolutions are available from 3840x2160 down to 800x600.

Monitor 2 = ACER Model H236HL is connected to the HDMI Port on the video card. Available resolutions for this port are: 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x1024.

I have tried several different combinations of resolutions, some of which produced some strange manifestations (flashing screen sections in fractional squares, mostly, and some resulted in just black screen on one or both monitors.

I have used other computers with dual monitor features that worked well. I am running Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition. I would like the LG Monitor to display the game main screen, and the ACER Monitor to accept and display the options such as, GPS, Radio Stack, ATC Window, etc. I did get one set of resolutions to work sort of OK, but when moving the optional choices to the ACER Monitor, they were way large and I had to resize each one to fit the ACER screen. When moving those options back to the LG Monitor, they became very reduced in size, possibly due to the resolution choice I made on the LG Monitor.

Do you have any recommendations that can allow the use of dual monitors with minimal fidgeting? Your input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

The dual monitor feature is also used for some of my multitasking projects that require several windows and apps to stay open.

Please help!

Right click the desktop and chose the Nvidia Control Panel. In there find the options I show here in the two screen grabs. Do you have the scaling mode set to aspect ratio on both monitors?

Also, and this may not be needed, you should make sure your on board GPU is disabled since you have dedicated graphics with the GTX 1660. To do that you need to access the BIOS. Depending on the motherboard it will depend on the key you repeatedly tap on PC boot. When you first boot the computer it may say right away what key to press repeatedly to access "setup" or BIOS in this case. The key could be F11, F12, or F8.

Here's more information on display scaling from withen the OS (I'm assuming 10 in your case) its self. https://www.alphr.com/microsoft/microsoft-windows-10/1001272/how-to-set-display-scaling-in-windows-10/

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by CRJ_simpilot