How to Build a Seaport

Stewie

Recently, I traveled the to Virgin Islands and had the opportunity to fly on Seaborne Seaplane (DHC-6-300 Twin Otter w/WipLine floats) between between downtown Christiansted, St. Croix and downtown Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. While I can find the aircraft for AI, I cannot find the seaports.

While i'm not an artist, I would like to try my hand at creating a seaport. Hopefully someone out there can recommend a software and provide guidance on how I can make begin this project. However, if someone has already done this and have the scenery, that woudl be even better if you could share.

Thank you in advance.

Stewie

Hi Stewie, I made many seaports with ADE from FSDeveloper.com.

Sorry but only for FSX. I never had FS9. But I think you could try to make your seaports with this program. Ask at the FSDeveloper forum for more information

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Hi,

Actually, it's easiest with the old AFCAD - no limits that the MS compiler ADE uses imposes. Some of the things you need to know:

1. The runway needs to be a land runway; I usually use concrete. Make it very thin to hide it, but don't make it super thin until the end.

2. You can make the taxiways land or water, but I normally make them concrete.

3. The AI seaplane needs landing gear lines in the aircraft.cfg file. If this seaplane is already set up for AI use then this should be done.

4. The Effects section of the aircraft.cfg file needs to have splash/spray effects replace the normal dirt effects. Again if it is already for AI use this should be done.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com