No matter what I fly, I always smile when flying the Beech Baron!

It's always nice to go back to such a nice aircraft. I will say, it does get very light on the controls, a little touchy just before putting it's tires down! But, I guess I need to fly it more!:rolleyes: Beechcraft made a very fine aircraft when they produced this one!

2020-7-8_17-30-0-900.jpg

2020-7-8_17-33-21-868.jpg

Rick :cool::cool:

Oh, I stay thirsty, but I solve that in short order! When do you get the new computer? Did you ever consider getting a fan for the old one? I had one go bad once, put the new fan in and it gave me a few more years! Anyway, when you do get the new one? I hope you have a memorial service for the old one! That computer gave you many years of good reliable service!!

Have a nice evening Charlie!

Rick :cool:

No new one yet. I plan to have one built to my specs and the computer store isn't open yet because of the virus. The old CPU was fried to a crisp and when I tugged on the heatsink, it unplugged from the socket and bent/broke some pins. It was all taken to the electronic recycler. This Chromebook will suffice till til new Sim releases and I get the new system.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You must have had a ton of stuff on that computer, I am sure you had backups! Getting the computer is one thing, then the fun begins, resurrecting all that you had saved on the old computer.

Good luck, at least we have you with the Chromebook!

It's always nice to go back to such a nice aircraft. I will say, it does get very light on the controls, a little touchy just before putting it's tires down! But, I guess I need to fly it more!:rolleyes: Beechcraft made a very fine aircraft when they produced this one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219907[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219908[/ATTACH]

Rick :cool::cool:

Hi Rick , never try to fly with this beauty from LA Paz (Bolivia) SLLP to SLCB -or otherwhere. It is too high for this plane 13.313 ft.

I tried it yesterday and couldn't rise the aircraft. So I had to change to an old DC3 :cool:

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Interesting Christian! I would have expected that out of Cessna single, but the Beech Baron, and then to be outperformed by the vintage DC3!

Unreal, just checked the specs for the Baron, it shows a service ceiling of 19700' Didn't make it in your case!:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for commenting! Have a nice day!

Edited by Downwind66

No new one yet. I plan to have one built to my specs and the computer store isn't open yet because of the virus. The old CPU was fried to a crisp and when I tugged on the heatsink, it unplugged from the socket and bent/broke some pins. It was all taken to the electronic recycler. This Chromebook will suffice till til new Sim releases and I get the new system.

I was going to suggest you buy your specced parts from Newegg and grab a screwdriver and get busy. Then I read you bent/broke some pins unplugging a heatsink :o

I guess not everybody is cut out to build his own.

Glad to see your getting a new rig though :cool:

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I was going to suggest you buy your specced parts from Newegg and grab a screwdriver and get busy. Then I read you bent/broke some pins unplugging a heatsink :o

I guess not everybody is cut out to build his own.

Glad to see your getting a new rig though :cool:

Yep. a total hamfist when working inside of a computer! I usually use a monkeywrench and a hammer. ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Rick , never try to fly with this beauty from LA Paz (Bolivia) SLLP to SLCB -or otherwhere. It is too high for this plane 13.313 ft.

I tried it yesterday and couldn't rise the aircraft. So I had to change to an old DC3 :cool:

Flatterman,

I just took the default Baron 58, but with digital cockpit up. I agree factory specs say 19,700. I didn't quite there other. But came pretty close!!

Shot 1 was with 40% fuel. 18,700 and 91knts.

1 40%fuel.jpg

Shot 2 was 20% fuel and I managed 84 knts & 19,400. Which is exactly the V min

2 20% Fuel.jpg

In both cases only a 180# pilot with no passengers.

Of course you also need to realize stated specs are based upon a "Standard Day"

Density (ρ): 1.229 kg/m³ (0.00237 slug/ft³)

Pressure (p): 1013.25 hPa (14.7 lb/ in²)

Temperature (T): 15 °C (59 °F)

Viscosity (μ): 17.3 μPa·s/m2 (3.62 × 10⁻⁷ lb s/ft²)[1]

I don't recall exactly what the temp, pressure, etc. was today compared to a "Standard Day." But it was at least 80F or more when I left 42B to start that flight. So taking the increased heat into account. I'd say the altitude was probably right on!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
add info
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Sounds like you guys need one of these...

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/4738/fsx-beechcraft-turbocharged-baron-b58/

Has a service ceiling of 25,000ft and can cruise above 200kts above 10,000ft.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi Michael,

thank you for answering. It is for me very interesting. Today I tried it again there with this aircraft but I changed the weather to "clear heaven". So I had no problems to rise the beechbaron:).

I have to say I am using the little program SIMStarterNG and there is a preinstalled weather called "userdefined" I can't say in which special form this could be because I never had problems. Sometime there is no wind sometime the strongness is at 22 ktn. It doesn't matter for me - till yesterday. If I don't change the weather I have problems with the beechbaron.

Now the honor of the beauty is restored and I beg your pardon for the confusion I have made with my posting.

BTW the "userdefined" strongness of the wind was 0 kt !?

Edited by Flattermann

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

A nice one Rick. I like that 2D panel as well. :cool: :)

Thanks Larryl! Yes, this whole aircraft really tested my abilities in being creative!:rolleyes: I saw this paint several months back, David Straka was flying it and when I asked him where he found that beautiful Baron with such nice paint, he replied, it was the default Baron w/ the G1000 panel (which I am not crazy about). Okay, Rick, no problem, let's just swap some panels around and I will have the paint that I want, the panel that I want! NOT that easy. Somehow nothing showed up correctly! I gave up on it until yesterday morning, had a thought that just might work and it did! I created a whole new texture, based on the entries from the other Baron paints, and it worked!, I still have the white/beige stripped Baron with the G1000 panel, and I have the same Baron and paint with the wide panel (downloaded freeware). Even the panel challenged me, I still made a couple more changes after posting this pic. Maybe it's because I grew up (well almost) in a RW flying atmosphere, training and subsequent years of flying. Since going on flight sim, if a freeware doesn't fly right, goes to File 13 and I try another! Panel, they have to look correct in my vision or I will make changes to my liking or find another panel elsewhere! I was bound and determine to have this Baron! Don't get me wrong, I like the white and red Baron, but this Baron that David was flying around, that's the one that I wanted, but I wanted it to MY liking! Well, now I have it. Just got to fly it some more. It does tend to get very sensitive on landing, got to have just the right touch on flare and touchdown! It's getting better! Watch, now spending more time with the Baron, I won't be able to land the tail draggers that I have and took me so long to be comfortable flying!

Anyway, thanks again Larry! Glad to have you back with us!

Christian,

Being an old pilot I tend to prefer using RW weather when I fly. In my case, belonging to the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, I go online to their data base and fins the RW observations being published in real time for any airport I'll be using. Then I plug it into the weather program manually and use the correct procedures based upon that weather. I usually also do weight and balance, fuel estimation, etc. just as if I were flying RW. It's part of my version of "immersion."

Having said that, I sometimes just turn on an old "flight plan" from the past and just go out and "fly." "Crashes" are much cheaper and survive-able in the sim!!:p;)

BTW: Wunderground, if you take the effort to scroll through and figure it out, will give you almost as much info as I get from AOPA. In my case at least, old habits still cause old actions.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks Jack, what's funny about this download, this guy has the same setup I have been working on the past couple days. The white/biege stripped Baron with a standard panel! I downloaded this and to be truthful, I did not take it up to the +10,000' altitudes to see what the performance was up there. I did take it up to 3500' and at that altitude, I had the power set to 2200 RPM and 25" MP and i was getting about 20-25 KIAS better indicated and about 33 KIAS better ground speed with the Baron that I have been working on! I'm going to stick with mine as I don't climb to those altitudes, I get scared of heights!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the "heads up" though! I still have my Lancair Legacy that you sold me on, and I would put that up against either one of these Barons!

Have a nice day!

Touche'!! Meant for Zippy's Dos Equis remark...LOL

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD