Hello,

In all demo's up til now I saw more or less the same aircraft.

What can be said about compatibility of our FSX/Prepar3D add-on aircraft of suppliers as A2A, Aeroplane Heaven, Just Flight etc etc and of all the freeware producer?

It would be a pity when these investments would be lost when going to FS2020 or prevent transfering to it.

The new sim supports the FSX flight model, but it isn’t clear how this applies to add-on aircraft. In other words, is it something only developers can access through their aircraft, or can a user just drop in an FSX aircraft and fly? However, even if you can just drop in an FSX airplane, you would miss out on the improved flight modelling, and possibly other advances in the new sim.

The new sim supports the FSX flight model, but it isn’t clear how this applies to add-on aircraft. In other words, is it something only developers can access through their aircraft, or can a user just drop in an FSX aircraft and fly? However, even if you can just drop in an FSX airplane, you would miss out on the improved flight modelling, and possibly other advances in the new sim.

True enough. Having said that, considering the investment many have made in payware aircraft and scenery, as much back access as possible would definitely make people more apt to try 2020.

Many of us who've done this sim thing for years or decades don't intend to ever totally start over from scratch! Backwards compatability in the 2020 product will certainly drive my decision to even consider it! Just as it did with P3D.

It will IMHO, also allow or limit (prohibit) the shopping base of potential buyers of the new software being nearly as big as a compatible system would.

Rupert

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Some backwards compatibility is a good thing, however, going too far can be more hindrance than help. In this case, I think it would be better for the sim to keep it to a minimum to allow the sim to better grow in the future. There's nothing stopping people from keeping the older sims around to fly the planes they already have, while slowly acquiring add-ons for the new sim. I'm sure it will take a while after it is released for many add-ons to come out.

Hope FS2020 will do what P3D v4~5 did my allowing installing aircraft into a add-on container so you can keep track of what the installer did making it a whole lot easier to remove too.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro