Where is the VR forum?

1. A VFR only pilot is not a real pilot imo. I would NEVER get in the plane with a VFR or "sport pilot" no matter how good the forecast is.

Then you have nothing more I need to hear. As closed minded as you are you'd not do well in real flying.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• Founder
Hey where is my previous post? Why was it deleted?

It was the one where I explain how superior VR flying is to any other kind of flying etc...

You don't seem to understand the difference between opinion and fact. Great, you really, really like VR. You need to accept that other people don't. VR has benefits, and drawbacks. It's not perfect and it's not for everyone. If you want to continue discussing this topic you need to do so without insulting the highly qualified people you are discussing with.

Your comment about VFR pilots for example is nothing short of insulting. I'm a VFR only pilot with over 1500 hours as PIC over 29 years. The FAA and everyone else in the actual real-world pilot community considers me and others like me real pilots.

And yes, I have tried VR. It's a nice gimmick but in my opinion not yet ready for prime time. I had a lot of trouble with it because I wear glasses. I also found the low resolution a serious disadvantage. There are other disadvantages as well but I'm not going to list them all.

I think you also fail to understand that what hardware you own does not define whether you are "serious" or not. Serious is a matter of attitude, not hardware. A guy with a joystick and single monitor can be a serious flightsimmer by truly learning about flying techniques and applying them.

So how about listening to the others in the discussion, understand that what you're promoting is just an opinion and make this an actually discussion rather than trying to preach that you have the one and only right answer.

You don't seem to understand the difference between opinion and fact. Great, you really, really like VR. You need to accept that other people don't. VR has benefits, and drawbacks. It's not perfect and it's not for everyone. If you want to continue discussing this topic you need to do so without insulting the highly qualified people you are discussing with.

Your comment about VFR pilots for example is nothing short of insulting. I'm a VFR only pilot with over 1500 hours as PIC over 29 years. The FAA and everyone else in the actual real-world pilot community considers me and others like me real pilots.

And yes, I have tried VR. It's a nice gimmick but in my opinion not yet ready for prime time. I had a lot of trouble with it because I wear glasses. I also found the low resolution a serious disadvantage. There are other disadvantages as well but I'm not going to list them all.

I think you also fail to understand that what hardware you own does not define whether you are "serious" or not. Serious is a matter of attitude, not hardware. A guy with a joystick and single monitor can be a serious flightsimmer by truly learning about flying techniques and applying them.

So how about listening to the others in the discussion, understand that what you're promoting is just an opinion and make this an actually discussion rather than trying to preach that you have the one and only right answer.

First of all, Nells, they have an adapter for when wearing glasses.

Secondly then, my opinion is I think being ifr rated should be a requirement for all pilots. If I ever flew in the real world I would go for my ifr rating just for the peace of mind.

Thirdly VR is not a gimmich lol...it is the future of simming and gaming. That's why MS is releasing a VR version because THE COMMUNITY demanded it.

Lastly...insulting highly qualified people? Where did I do that?

P.S I have requested a dedicated VR forum for MSFS2020.

Edited by VRdude