Embraer CRJ 145 to LAX

I just downloaded the Freeware Embraer CRJ 145 from Rookoo. So, still being at Aostoria Airport I decided to make trial hop to LAX. Astoria and LAX were both IFR. In fact LAX was down to 2.5 mile visibility. So other than the views from above the clouds, not much ground scenery to see.

There are several liveries of this plane and I really haven't explored it much yet. But she flies well and is predictable. Free is always good!!

Michael

1  ERJ 145  Cleared to Take Off.jpg

2 Climbing to 11,000.jpg

3 Level at FL280.jpg

4.jpg

5 Left Seat View.jpg

6  Right Wing.jpg

7  Level and starting Approach to LAX.jpg

8 Gear Down.jpg

9 ILS Approach.jpg

10 LAX has 2.5 mile Visibility.jpg

11 There's the runway!.jpg

12  Rollout at LAX.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Love those IMC conditions! Great approach and plane :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice aircraft Michael! That ought to take you easily to wherever you want to go!

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

I agree!! At least as long as Jan's credit card buys my fuel!! ;) It's damned expensive these days!! When I was doing ferry hops for the USMC RW in the 1960's we paid about 10 cents a gallon for JP4 at military bases but it was about 50 cents a gallon at private or commercial airports!! :eek::eek:

I can't imagine what I'm charging to Jan's account must cost him today! :eek::eek: Having a "Sugar Daddy" is a big deal now!!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert

Love those IMC conditions! Great approach and plane :pilot:

Hey it's easy today!! All those fancy devices to let the plane land itself!! Back in the sixties I might have cut off a limb or two to get those electronic toys everyone now takes for granted!!

I also just D/L it - flew a quick trip from SeaTac to Calgary - I seem to have had a lot of problems with the autopilot holding the correct altitude ascending and descending though (perhaps I need to load a default aircraft first)?

But still a very cool freebie...

Jerry - Try another 145, great aircraft. I have had the same problem this week, not with this aircraft but another! They call that porpoising, that annoying roller coaster ride, up and down! This is what I like about freeware. If an aircraft doesn't perform to your standards, File 13 it, and move on to another!

Good luck, that is a great plane that Michael is presenting!

Rick :cool: