Shadows and texture flickers all over the place

So I just downloaded a new scenery for RCTP. The buildings are very good and working very well, and the AFCAD seems to be in great shape.

However, I've had two problems.

One, a series of black lines, possibly erratic shadows radiating from the middle of the airport.

Two, any part of the runway I fly over seems to phase back to the default textures.

I tried adjusting my settings and even reinstalling the scenery.

Screenshot for reference

https://imgur.com/a/ABNy2uG

Help would be appreciated :D

No certain answer but I had something similar when I installed a scenery for the Cayman Islands.

It turned out to be some sort of glitch with the shadows... They extended up, out and over everything.

Are you using DX10 and Steve's DX Fixer? Or it DX10 Preview checked by accident? Not that it may be the cause, it's just that somebody will ask and I like being the first every now and then.

My answer was removing the Cayman scenery and I haven't tried it since to see if it's still there.

Hi NimbleCat,

Does your picture show both issues or only the shadow issue.

The tall shadows could be a result of having the "Ground Scenery Shadows" checkbox checked. This box should never be enabled because of unpredictable shadows emanating from ground scenery objects.

Example:FSX-Scenery-Setting.jpg

The second issue relating to "phasing" or switching between default and custom texture. Does this happen on the runway in a checkerboard fashion, or does the grass beside the runway change to default as the aircraft moves. Could you possibly take a picture of the phenomenon.

No certain answer but I had something similar when I installed a scenery for the Cayman Islands.

It turned out to be some sort of glitch with the shadows... They extended up, out and over everything.

Are you using DX10 and Steve's DX Fixer? Or it DX10 Preview checked by accident? Not that it may be the cause, it's just that somebody will ask and I like being the first every now and then.

My answer was removing the Cayman scenery and I haven't tried it since to see if it's still there.

Hi

No, I don't have DX10 on.

Hi NimbleCat,

Does your picture show both issues or only the shadow issue.

The tall shadows could be a result of having the "Ground Scenery Shadows" checkbox checked. This box should never be enabled because of unpredictable shadows emanating from ground scenery objects.

Example:[ATTACH=CONFIG]219832[/ATTACH]

The second issue relating to "phasing" or switching between default and custom texture. Does this happen on the runway in a checkerboard fashion, or does the grass beside the runway change to default as the aircraft moves. Could you possibly take a picture of the phenomenon.

Will try that. Thanks!

"Quote:"Jethrom": should never be enabled."

Utter nonsense.

And about the original question: Many fs9 airports have objects that don't show properly in fsx. This one seems to be one of those.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Some images

https://imgur.com/a/VnpxDTx

As you can see, in the first picture a large part of the runway I'm flying over has the default textures, while the far side/s have the add-on textures.

It changes as I move.

The grass on the other hand is perfectly fine.

Edited by NimbleCat

"Quote:"Jethrom": should never be enabled."

Utter nonsense.

Care to back that statment up.

It has long been known the Ground scenery shadow checkbox, when enabled will cause unpredictable shadows, its just another one of those things that were buggered in FSX.

Does not matter DX9 or DX10. For the most part you might not see irregularities with GSS enabled for most default airfields but the problem becomes apparent with custom scenery and objects.