DC Designs F15C Afterburners issue!

Hi there, yesterday I got the new DC Designs F15C, is a very nice model, easy in the FPS, it looks very good! Fly well, the only problem is, when I want to take off with the afterburners active(100 % power) nothing happens! I went to the manual, and I coulden't fine nothing about this problem, I have a couple of Fighters, is not my first one, like the F14, F16 , F111 and the Tornado ETC! and all these airplanes, when you give 100 % power, you can the see the increase in speed and , if you look back, you wil see the afterburner working! simple, no with this new F15.

If someone can help me , I wil be very thankful! I'm not new in Flight Simulation, about 30 years now, I'm a very old guy, and I love planes since I was a little boy!!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!

Happy landings

Cub51

Cub, because it was the airplane in wich I did learn to fly, and 51 is when I was born (1951)

Sorry for my bad English!!!

Hi Mr.Zippy,

Like always, you are the first to answer! thanks, like I said in my post, I have already couple of Fighters, wich I flew in daylight, in all my Fighters, I can see the afterburner in daylight and in nightlight, I wonder why you ask me if I have Acceleration, to be honest, I don't remember if I have it, but if I use the afterburners and they perform perfect in the others planes, I think that everything is Ok!

You need a new computer, is the old one broken? or maybe it is no powerful for the new 2020 simulator!

Thanks for your message!

Cub51:D

Hi Mr.Zippy,

Like always, you are the first to answer! thanks, like I said in my post, I have already couple of Fighters, wich I flew in daylight, in all my Fighters, I can see the afterburner in daylight and in nightlight, I wonder why you ask me if I have Acceleration, to be honest, I don't remember if I have it, but if I use the afterburners and they perform perfect in the others planes, I think that everything is Ok!

You need a new computer, is the old one broken? or maybe it is no powerful for the new 2020 simulator!

Thanks for your message!

Cub51:D

I'm using a Chromebook for now as my previous computer tossed it's cookies when the cooling fan for the CPU stopped working. Will buy a new system when the new Sim releases.

Another person mentioned he could not see the A/B on an F-15 a few months ago over at SOH. I thought it was the DC design one, but not sure. The developer said it was for Acceleration and wasn't sure how good it would work without.

I did not have Acceleration and a lot of A/B aircraft worked great and some, like IRIS F-14 did not.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Did you try hitting CTRL+F4 to turn the blowers on? That's the default command to turn the AB's on/off. It's a toggle.

Can you post the [Engine] section from the aircraft.cfg, and the panel.cfg?

We may see something in them that might help...

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D