Flightaware - And How Much Is This All Going To Cost..?

No, that is not how it works at all. Not sure where you're getting this idea from, but the sim is still very much installed like current sims are. The only streaming component is the scenery and photogrammetry. Nothing they have said supports your conjecture in any way.

Nothing they have said supports your conjecture in any way.

Apart from the fact that no-one from Microsoft, Xbox Studios or Asobo Studios have ever said that there WILL be a PC version.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I gotta tell you, man. You ARE posting conjecture. There is in fact different code for a PC versus that of a console. What you are suggesting based on what I read is that "FS2020" runs from some sort of emulator withen Windows 10 dubbed Xbox something or other. Common sense to me says this is not the case at all. For one, it was already posted that now Microsoft's games fall under the Xbox banner whether it be a PC coded game or console coded game. Two, if you needed to run the game which as you purport to being Xbox code in some kind of Xbox emulator, the game wouldn't run as capable as it could versus its native "machine code" meant for what it was designed for. Whether that be console or PC.

So what you are in fact saying here is that this game is an Xbox game running from what sounds like an emulator from withen something called an Xbox App. Windows 10 does have so-called "Apps", but these are PC coded, or shall we say Windows coded. Not Xbox coded, not Windows phone coded, not Android coded or even iOS coded, but PC coded. And with that I'm sure "FS2020" will have certain prerequisites that are needed to play the game like a certain version of Visual Basic or .NET. This all falls withen the realm of PC code, not Xbox code.

PS. I can't help it, but it was mentioned "Google is your friend." It's not your friend and never was. LOL Perhaps scholar.google.com would be "your friend" or withen the hacking community some serious "Google Dork" search quires. But just by Google's corporate stance, the privacy invasion, and how I see them use my HTML5 local storage all the time even on YouTube tells me all I need to know. Check out Swisscows or the popular DuckDuckGo. At any rate, just hate when I see a "Google is your friend" statement posted everywhere. I have a policy on my own forum where if someone says "Google it" they are handed a warning. Look at the meme below and ask yourself why I created that policy based on the subject matter of my forum, a primarily computer help forum.

2gk7cg.jpg

Addendum:

Apart from the fact that no-one from Microsoft, Xbox Studios or Asobo Studios have ever said that there WILL be a PC version.

Other than the fact I saw what looked liked PC requirements for the Sim thus far.

That is exactly what they have said though. Coming to Windows 10 means it's coming to Windows 10 PCs. If it was being streamed, there would be no need to have different system specs beyond download bandwidth, for example. Then there is the offline mode for very slow connections or when no connection is available at all.

It sounds like you're conflating the Xbox xCloud service, which is irrelevant to the sim at this point.

So is Xbox cloud like Battle.net, Steam or Epic Games? Gone are the days of optical media. But I guess packing a bunch of Blu-rays would be a PITA.

I installed GTA V with the 7 or more DVDs and that took for-ev-er! LOL! Never mind the required massive update at the end of installation.

Yes, the Xbox app on Windows 10 is essentially Microsoft's equivalent to Steam, Epic Games and Battle.net. You can browse, purchase and download games through it. All games are still downloaded, installed to, and run from your local PC. It also has some social media features, similar to Steam. It is linked to, or based off of, the more general Microsoft Store app in Windows 10. Updates to games I have installed on Windows 10, such as the Halo Master Chief Collection, appear in the Microsoft Store app alongside other app updates.

Microsoft's Project xCloud, on the other hand, is a pure streaming platform like Google's Stadia or Nvidia's GeForce Now services.

Coming to Windows 10 means it's coming to Windows 10 PCs.

Yes it does. What it doesn't say is that it's a "PC version".

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You are aware that the Aussie price is for the Xbox version, that will be released after the PC version, & is a 'gap filler' price.

That means that if you order it, for Xbox, you will get it at some unspecified date, and at a price that could be less, or more than that displayed. It should be obvious to all that no pricing has been released as yet, nor a release date for Xbox.. And the format for Xbox is??

Yes, it says clearly that it is a $A88.00 pre-order price for the XBox One version, and the regular price for that will be $A99.00. I only posted that in response to the initial discussion of future cost, which I have never seen printed anywhere.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Hi, I’ve been reading all these posts and I have to comment... MSFS will be coming out on PC first and then to Xbox later (as most people are saying)

There are no beta testers as it is still an alpha. The alpha testers are testing the PC version.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles