2S7 to KEUG, Eugene Or.

Yes, you've seen a lot of Oregon shots from me lately. I love that new scenery!! But we're on the way out.

Yesterday afternoon we flew from 2S7 to KEUG, Eugene Oregon. Being about out of fuel so I thought I might have to leave Jan's King Air there. Then, assuming I can find something else to borrow, tomorrow I'd probably fly to Portland, and then figure where else to go from there.

Luckily Jan's credit card still had enough credit to fill the King Air's tanks and allow me a couple of nights food and hotel. So I took a day off today in Eugene. If I can't another handy plane with fuel tomorrow, I'll probably fly at least one more leg in the King Air. But that decision is for tomorrow.

But I'm hoping a VERY GOOD FRIEND of mine has left a Beechcraft Duke for me to try!!!! HINT HINT!

I'm posting yesterday's flight into Eugene now. So that's the weather I saw yesterday. Please remember to click on each shot for the caption.

Michael

1  Tower view at 2S7.jpg

2 Climbout.jpg

3  Mt Thielson at 9,184' is another cold volcano.  It's said to look like the tailfin of an airp.jpg

4 Climbing out near a ski resort.jpg

5 Heading West towards Eugene.jpg

6  Still hazy in the mountains.jpg

8 In the valley over North Madison Avenue.jpg

9 Turning to final to KEUG.jpg

10 ILS final to KEUG.jpg

11  Taxi to Fuel.jpg

12 Refueling on Jan's Credit Card.jpg

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nicely documented with shots and narrative Michael. :cool: :cool: I am surprised that Jan's credit card was not declined. :p

I'm thrilled it worked! ;) Since I don't yet have the loan of a Duke, I need something besides Uber to leave Oregon in. :eek::eek:

Speaking of Jan, I hope the reason we haven't heard from him in a while is only computer issues!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I'm thrilled it worked! ;) Since I don't yet have the loan of a Duke, I need something besides Uber to leave Oregon in. :eek::eek:

Speaking of Jan, I hope the reason we haven't heard from him in a while is only computer issues!

Tee Hee LOL! Jan learned the hard way, he is laying low! Uber is better than walking, and they will take you anywhere you want to go!

Rick :cool:

Looking good Michael! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I can't believe is that you managed to get that plane off the ground from our runway :D

After all, it aint the longest runway in the world. Or even in the area! Having said that, I did check, and you CAN land a C-130 on our little airport. Getting it OUT again is a plane of an entirely different paint scheme, so to speak.

I don't have any Beech planes, but I can let you use my F7F-3 Tigercat.

Thumbnail.jpg

If you keep it down to about 1/4 fuel load, and of course NO armament (other than the guns and ammo, naturally!), run up the engines to war emergency power, full flaps, then drop the brakes, with a headwind, you'll get her off the ground without toooooo much trouble. Just watch the phone/power lines at the approach end of the runway!

Have fun, everyone!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pat - I know Michael is a friend of yours, but, I would be very careful about loaning him aircraft! He has a habit of taking them running them until they're not able to go any further, abandons them wherever they might be at the moment! And to make matters worse, he usually will ask you for a credit card, just in case of emergencies, and god only knows what the bill might end up being by the time you get your statement!

Here is my F7F and he isn't getting it, nor a credit card! No way, not going to happen! Be careful of this guy!:rolleyes:

2020-7-4_14-51-47-886.jpg

Rick :cool: