The Beech D18

This is 1 of 10 I have in my collection of D18S aircraft. Thing that I like, is there are many many paints/liveries out there! And, the new paints continue to be added to this site's library! Very nice flying download!

2020-7-3_10-55-39-662.jpg

Rick :cool:

Never go wrong with radials.... :pilot:

Thanks for commenting Blair! Never experienced one in RW flying, only got myself introduced to them on here and You Tube videos trying to learn something about these wonderful aircraft. They are extra work from what I gather! I do love the sound of a radial engine. It's got that sound and if able to talk, it would surely say, "Yeah, I'm bad, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Anyway, I have several radial aircraft in my hangar, both civilian and military, and they are all keepers! I especially do like the Beech D18S line of aircraft, and with the repaint add-ons, I had about 15 of these, but, just last night I thinned out the herd, so I am down to 10 now! I also have a couple Spartan Executive aircraft by Milton Shupe, those are nice too! And then, who would be without several military radial powered aircraft! My wife shakes her head in amazement of how many aircraft I have saying, "But, honey, you can only fly one at a time?" Yep, that is correct, that is why you have to rotate your inventory and fly 'em all! My years of flying are behind me, but thanks to FSX and our wonderful freeware developers, they keep me entertained in an adventure I took up some 54 years ago. There is no way I could ever fly these planes in RW, it would cost way beyond my means!

My wife reads and I fly and tinker with Flight Sim. Simple way of staying out of each other's hair!

Thanks Blair and happy flying!

Rick :cool:

I agree the radials do sound the best. And that is a very attractive one, though Gyrene Green is a nicer color.

Personally the Marine CH-34 provided me with many hours atop or behind depending on your point of view, a 1820 radial.

34-s were slow, even for a chopper, but they took many more bullet holes and still flew than anything else I was around. :cool:

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Very nice Rick!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Michael, David and Robin!

Robin - I agree with the getting fond of these 18's! They are such a pleasure to fly and so many paints out there, you never grow tired of them!

I only have the wheel based aircraft. I get into enough trouble without trying to fly on skis and floats!

Rickl :cool: