GPU possible failure

I'm drinking beer so its hard to get my head around all this.

First GPU (5+ years old) started to 'play up' so to speak. Driver errors, crashing etc. No display randomly. Then totally nothing, Could only use integrated graphics.

So to be safe, bought a new PSU and new GPU. GTX 1050 TI 4GB. Nothing fancy but plays FS9 very well. And doesn't need the PSU and gets the power though the PCI-E slot. using HDMI connection to monitor.

Everything works fine and dandy until day or two ago. Powered up and no display again. CPU fine. RAM ok. PSU ok. No previous errors. Or driver crashes or messages.

Old motherboard though. Only one slot so cant try another. But zero issues with it.

GPU doesnt show in Device Manager.

Tried changing BIOS to PCI only but that didn't work.

Don't have a DVI connector to try that one thinking HDMI port failed.

Haven't yet tested GPU on another machine (don't have one) to see if its failed or not.

Possible issues:

1. HDMI port / cable issue to monitor which isn't the latest. But it works using onboard graphics ok.

2. PCI slot no good. Or card sitting loose with weight not keeping in aligned in the slot. A thought only.

3. GPU failed. Evidently happens but so suddenly without warning?

Running FS9 with my CPU and integrated graphics isn't too bad at all. Prefer though the GPU to be working.

This beer is good, hiccup. :D

No expertise here, but would question two things. I don't understand what sounds like you are powering the graphics card from the monitor, or am I misunderstanding? The other thing that comes to mind, is the compatibility between an "old" motherboard and a new graphics card.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

No expertise here, but would question two things. I don't understand what sounds like you are powering the graphics card from the monitor, or am I misunderstanding? The other thing that comes to mind, is the compatibility between an "old" motherboard and a new graphics card.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Sorry, with no beer I'll explain better.

GPU has been working fine for about a month. I was initially worried it may not be compatible with the M/B but it worked without a hitch.

Previous GPU needed the PSU to power it like most GPU's. Newer GPU's use such low power so they don't need the PSU - dont even have anywhere to plug the PSU power connectors in to - and draw their power through the PCI slot from the motherboard.

So I was thinking perhaps also that the slot isn't providing power.

Monitor has its own power. I connect the display using HDMI cables. SO I thought maybe the GPU HDMI port may have stopped working.

I havnt done any updates. One moment it worked. Then the next, it didn't. Only a month old. SO maybe the GPU is faulty. At the moment I cant test it. Hopefully next week I can.