Guess I Should Have Posted my Vacation Return Flight. KSFB - KFNT

Yes, I took Allegiant round trip on my Florida vacation flight. No frills with this airline. No free snacks or soda. You have to buy everything. The seats kind of remind me of military seating too! They are basically sheet metal fashioned into the seat with thin blue covering. Sure didn't help this old back of mine.

PART 1

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

Please see PART 2

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

part 2

fsscr009.jpg

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may be a no-frills airline. And, believe me I can understand the back issues with those tiny, upright seats. But it has beautiful markings on the the logo. :rolleyes:

Nice shots!!!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

It may be a no-frills airline. And, believe me I can understand the back issues with those tiny, upright seats. But it has beautiful markings on the the logo. :rolleyes:

Nice shots!!!!

Michael

Thanks Michael!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - It may cost a little more with fuel prices, take your own aircraft. The seats have to be better and you will have more leg room than what the airline will afford you! JMHO! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool::cool:

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

David - It may cost a little more with fuel prices, take your own aircraft. The seats have to be better and you will have more leg room than what the airline will afford you! JMHO! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool::cool:

I used to have my own 172. Had to sell it :(

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some really nice views of this trip David. :cool::cool: I guess they think the pretty bright colors of their livery will make you forget about your aching back. :D

Thanks Larry. Unfortunately it’s an inherited problem. Bad backs run in the family

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to have my own 172. Had to sell it :(

Man can I relate to that!! Getting a better degree and getting married sure can crimp your pocket change!!:mad::mad::o

Michael

Man can I relate to that!! Getting a better degree and getting married sure can crimp your pocket change!!:mad::mad::o

Michael

I wish it could have been so noble. Mine is medical.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish it could have been so noble. Mine is medical.

Actually, mine originally was as well. I was denied flight status in the Marines because I had huge pain and less strength in the left side of my body. During a hard, gunfire related, zero hydraulic pressure landing in combat flying a CH-46, my helmet hit the side of the plane and I wasn't ever the same again.

Strangely enough back then, just because you couldn't pass a flight physical didn't mean you were out of the Corps. So instead of spending a career inspecting heads and heading up guard duty posts, preparing for inspections, etc. I opted to not re-up. So I got zero disability but I still couldn't pass a flight physical to fly even as a civilian.

Years later the FAA changed their rules. They then said then my injury wasn't bad enough to fail a flight physical. But it was way too late and my hours were way too old for me to be able to afford to ever become current again. And yes by then, despite having no disability coming in, I had returned to improve my education and get married. No way I could afford to begin from zero hours again!!

Thirty or so years passed. Suddenly my whole left side became almost immobile and the doctors wondered why. Then they used fancy devices and saw my neck bones were displaced to the left and those injuries had calcified and were blocking off the nerves on the left side of my body. Which obviously impaired me from moving. Just like I had had a stroke.

They offered me a surgery to put my bones back in the correct order. I was told I had a 50-50 chance. Fifty percent I'd be more like I was at age 20. Fifty percent I'd be a quadraplegic. Being a coward I sad NO!!!!

So we began a several years long program of exercise and neck restraints to make things work correctly again on my left side without surgery. Also with the help of the DAV and using the Marine Corps' records, I was able to prove the connection to that plane crash in Vietnam, which was actually my third crash in combat, and was finally declared disabled by the VA.

Today I'm still mobile. My left side, and I am left handed, isn't nearly as strong as it should be but I'm active. I do my exercises five days a week and even go to the gym to not lose any more. So coming upon 75 in a little over a month, I can't complain.

I pray you're doing as well!!

Michael

Actually, mine originally was as well. I was denied flight status in the Marines because I had huge pain and less strength in the left side of my body. During a hard, gunfire related, zero hydraulic pressure landing in combat flying a CH-46, my helmet hit the side of the plane and I wasn't ever the same again.

Strangely enough back then, just because you couldn't pass a flight physical didn't mean you were out of the Corps. So instead of spending a career inspecting heads and heading up guard duty posts, preparing for inspections, etc. I opted to not re-up. So I got zero disability but I still couldn't pass a flight physical to fly even as a civilian.

Years later the FAA changed their rules. They then said then my injury wasn't bad enough to fail a flight physical. But it was way too late and my hours were way too old for me to be able to afford to ever become current again. And yes by then, despite having no disability coming in, I had returned to improve my education and get married. No way I could afford to begin from zero hours again!!

Thirty or so years passed. Suddenly my whole left side became almost immobile and the doctors wondered why. Then they used fancy devices and saw my neck bones were displaced to the left and those injuries had calcified and were blocking off the nerves on the left side of my body. Which obviously impaired me from moving. Just like I had had a stroke.

They offered me a surgery to put my bones back in the correct order. I was told I had a 50-50 chance. Fifty percent I'd be more like I was at age 20. Fifty percent I'd be a quadraplegic. Being a coward I sad NO!!!!

So we began a several years long program of exercise and neck restraints to make things work correctly again on my left side without surgery. Also with the help of the DAV and using the Marine Corps' records, I was able to prove the connection to that plane crash in Vietnam, which was actually my third crash in combat, and was finally declared disabled by the VA.

Today I'm still mobile. My left side, and I am left handed, isn't nearly as strong as it should be but I'm active. I do my exercises five days a week and even go to the gym to not lose any more. So coming upon 75 in a little over a month, I can't complain.

I pray you're doing as well!!

Michael

Well my dear sir, yours is war related. As they say, flying is an unforgiving mistress. Things always change. I have to be on a damn medicine that slows down my reflexes and I do not want to get myself killed or anyone else.

It’s an honor to know you.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"It’s an honor to know you."

It's an honor to know you as well sir!

In fact that's one of the greatest things about this forum. We're here from every background and way of life. We're here from I can't imagine how many countries. But we're all here to enjoy and share the fruits of our passion!

Despite not currently commanding or maybe never commanding a RW aircraft, we are all flyers!!! And we do have a heck of a good time doing exactly that!!

Michael

PS: Please excuse me. I have to go and see if I can find another of Jan's airplanes loaded with fuel. That King Air I've been flying is about out!!

"It’s an honor to know you."

It's an honor to know you as well sir!

In fact that's one of the greatest things about this forum. We're here from every background and way of life. We're here from I can't imagine how many countries. But we're all here to enjoy and share the fruits of our passion!

Despite not currently commanding or maybe never commanding a RW aircraft, we are all flyers!!! And we do have a heck of a good time doing exactly that!!

Michael

PS: Please excuse me. I have to go and see if I can find another of Jan's airplanes loaded with fuel. That King Air I've been flying is about out!!

Ha! Get one of Jan’s airplanes. We need to take advantage of him while he’s out of commission :D

And such a good point, all of us here are passionate of aviation!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]