Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Remote Landings

  1. #11

    Default

    From Seattle I headed north towards Vancouver.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_10-15-14-991.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	219656

    Along the way, there were lot's of little airports, the kind I had been originally planning to hit. But there isn't much to see at them so it was mostly TNGs then continue along.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_10-29-33-701.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	219657

    Finally, I stopped to visit my old virtual stomping grounds at Point Roberts. Way back when, I created scenery for this area. A long time ago...sigh...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_10-36-18-940.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	219658
    Spent way too much time using these sims...
    FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4

  2. #12

    Default

    Andy,

    IMHO that's your best series yet. Next time you get around Klamath Falls etc., make a trip north to Crater Lake. It looks very good in all sim scenery I've used.

    Michael

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Klammath Falls, OR
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    Andy,

    IMHO that's your best series yet. Next time you get around Klamath Falls etc., make a trip north to Crater Lake. It looks very good in all sim scenery I've used.

    Michael
    It looks even better IRL

    I don't think the roads are open yet though. Still quite a few feet of snow need to melt down, and we've had some pretty cool weather, slowing the process. It might have some roads open for the Fourth, but no promises.

    BTW, sadly, Melita's has closed. No more flights in for $100.00 hamburgers
    Another place has opened in Chiloquin, though. Called JJ's. Operated by a Hispanic family, not that that matters any, and the man has had some real scary medical troubles lately. He's up in Bend, at the hospital. His wife and daughter are running it now, but no idea how much longer. Real nice folks. When it's open, though, the food is really good. He's a professional chef, and taught them both very well. Only take out orders allowed. Worth a try if you're in the area.

    Have fun all!
    Pat☺

    Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    It looks even better IRL

    I don't think the roads are open yet though. Still quite a few feet of snow need to melt down, and we've had some pretty cool weather, slowing the process. It might have some roads open for the Fourth, but no promises.

    BTW, sadly, Melita's has closed. No more flights in for $100.00 hamburgers
    Another place has opened in Chiloquin, though. Called JJ's. Operated by a Hispanic family, not that that matters any, and the man has had some real scary medical troubles lately. He's up in Bend, at the hospital. His wife and daughter are running it now, but no idea how much longer. Real nice folks. When it's open, though, the food is really good. He's a professional chef, and taught them both very well. Only take out orders allowed. Worth a try if you're in the area.

    Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Hey Pat,

    I agree Crater Lake is great RW!! Kinda fun to drive around in June with 10' snow banks on each side of the road and the top down!

    If all goes well, I'll be swinging your way again about June or so next year. Maybe we can try JJ's then.

    Michael
    Last edited by Rupert; 06-30-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    i9-9900K CPU currently running 5gig + -
    Most of my scenery is from ORBX. I love my SCOTFLIGHT SCENERY!
    Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

  5. #15

    Default

    Landed at Vancouver where they had me touch down on runway 26A, the little weird one on the left.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_14-6-32-390.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	219675

    I didn't stay long, was back in the air and flying when I looked at the fuel gauges. Oops, should've topped up in Vancouver. I headed out to the coast and landed in...somewhere...to refuel, didn't get a shot.

    Then I continued up north without paying a lot of attention to where I was or was going at first. Then I landed at Ketchikan.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_15-42-29-939.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	219676

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_15-45-55-632.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	219677
    Spent way too much time using these sims...
    FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan - USA
    Posts
    4,071
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    26A runway number? Is that a Canadian thing? Cool shots!

  7. Default

    Great shots

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDSTRAKA View Post
    26A runway number? Is that a Canadian thing? Cool shots!
    Yep, they do have a RWY 26A, a 3500' concrete runway! Their regular ILS runways, 26L and 26R are asphalt, 11962' and 9918' respectively!
    As strange as it is, but it's there, maybe they had some leftover concrete from building construction and had to get rid of it?

    Rick

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan - USA
    Posts
    4,071
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Yep, they do have a RWY 26A, a 3500' concrete runway! Their regular ILS runways, 26L and 26R are asphalt, 11962' and 9918' respectively!
    As strange as it is, but it's there, maybe they had some leftover concrete from building construction and had to get rid of it?

    Rick
    By golly....

  10. #20

    Default

    From there I headed north to one of my favourite places to land, Mountain Top.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_18-2-2-975.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	219689

    That looks like a good spot to end this trip. Thanks everyone for reading, and for your comments.
    I think I'll take something a little more heavy-duty to get home.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-6-30_19-1-44-364.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	219690
    Spent way too much time using these sims...
    FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Not all landings are good landings...
    By rsoro01 in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 11:03 AM
  2. ILS Landings and other landings
    By seldonman in forum Newcomer Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 08:36 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 02:10 AM
  4. Landings, oh landings!
    By Alexander2012 in forum FSX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
  5. Landings, landings and more landings!
    By lewis in forum MSFS Screen Shot Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •