Lost VOR Audio Morse Code Identifiers

rhodges

For some reason I no longer hear the morse code audio identifying my VOR stations. All communications and displays work fine. I also hear the approach marker signals fine. This is true of all aircraft and locations. No biggie but I do wonder why. Any ideas?

RTH

Each NAV receiver has a switch or button that can turn the code on or off. The location varies by radio type, but some are on the NAV volume control. Or perhaps you turned off the NAV audio on the audio panel.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks everybody for the kind replies.

The Nav 1 and Nav 2 lights do light up when those audio selections are made. Volume is turned up to 100% on the audio panel (was at 50%). I have started up outside of my default flight, same thing. Negative on audio morse code for ILS as well.

Now to throw in a little stuff: I have the Reality XP GNS530 GPS and GNS GMAGTX Audio Panel installed in all of the aircraft I normally fly. This unit will negate actuation only on other panels, for example with the King Radiostack or any Microsoft default audio panels. However when NAV 1 or NAV 2 or any of the other selections are activated on the Reality panel, they will also light up on the other panels. I don't believe this is the problem as I have had this arrangement for years with no morse code audio problem until recently. In addition to this, I have selected a Microsoft aircraft which I never fly unless trouble shooting that does not have the Reality unit or any other modifications. Again all lights illuminate when selected on the default audio panel, but no sound relative to the morse codes.

thanks again folks!

RTH

So anything to do with NAV1 or NAV2 audio?? COM 1&2 OK? DME audio OK?? Any sound updates to your computer...Win10 updates?

I just put an answer over at the "other" site where you posted the same question.

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Following Windows 10 latest update, I lost all ATC and pilot voices. Checking just now, I discovered it also affects the Morse code identifiers.

Basically, when the computer is shut off, Windows 10 loses the latest sound mixer setting and this affects FSX.

-

A quick fix that works for me is:

-

Right click Speaker Icon on Taskbar

Open Volume Mixer

Click on Speaker Icon

Click on the Advanced Tab

Click on Restore Defaults

-

Then the voices and Morse code ID's work fine.

-

Until Windows has an update, this is the only fix I know of.

-

Please let us know if this works for you.

I actually couldn't tell you because I'm uncertain how they were set up before.

On the flip side, as far as I remember, changes made to past versions of Windows sound using the task bar sound link were not lost when you turned the computer off.

The system was set to stereo; but, I'm glad you mentioned it.

Recently moved some things around and made a rookie mistake. Crossed a couple leads.

Your mention of stereo made me go back and check the connections. Thanks.

All better now.