realwx 3.0

ad7180

I have it for FS9. I'm confused on how this works. its downloading the weather from NOAA. Its downloading the airports so its connecting to FS.In the weather file there is mapping, the airports and weather stations. question, how do I get the weather just downloaded into the game? another question, is there an easier weather engine to use?

I'll guess you have FSUICP or/and WideFS installed on your system? Iff not you'll get both applications for free now here http://www.fsuipc.com Just scroll all the way down. Make sure you'll have ticked the option allow changes to FS9 own weather in FSUICP. I'm not familiar with RealWX both normal the application makes the conection to you sim automatic.
http://www.worldwidevirtual.net/common/images/signatures/WW2634.png

Hello Dirk

The version of FSrealwx you are running(FsrealWX 3) is I believe payware ,and you are limited to thirty sessions before you have to purchase it.

What you should do (assuming you don't want to buy it)is go to the FSrealWX website and if your not already, set up an account.

When you have done that go to the downloads section select the 'archive option' which will bring up the option FsrealWX lite, click on that and you will see the option FSrealWX Pro v2 this is a Freeware version (which I use) it is very easy to set up and use ,and maybe what you are after.

Cheers Andrew

The version of FSrealwx you are running(FsrealWX 3) is I believe payware ,and you are limited to thirty sessions before you have to purchase it.

What you should do (assuming you don't want to buy it)...

Actually, if you don't want to buy it, you don't have to. If you don't ever buy it, it will keep on working in the "demo" version. Limited functionality. It WILL insert the weather into the sim, same as if you bought it. It just won't have all the little extras the payed for version has. Much like FSRealWX Lite.

Also, it will keep right on working in the demo version long after the "30 uses" are in the past. Much like FSUIPC. You don't pay, the basic functionality is there, just all the extras the pay version has aren't activated.

Hope this is some small help...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Actually, if you don't want to buy it, you don't have to. If you don't ever buy it, it will keep on working in the "demo" version. Limited functionality. It WILL insert the weather into the sim, same as if you bought it. It just won't have all the little extras the payed for version has. Much like FSRealWX Lite.

Also, it will keep right on working in the demo version long after the "30 uses" are in the past. Much like FSUIPC. You don't pay, the basic functionality is there, just all the extras the pay version has aren't activated.

Hope this is some small help...

Pat☺

Hello Pat

Now that quite interesting I use FSrealWX Pro v2 this is definitely freeware and works well (used it for ages) I tried FsrealWX 3 and this version (at least in my case definitely only allowed thirty goes and then would end

I just thought if the OP tried FSrealWX Pro v2 he might have a bit more joy getting that to run (he was having difficulties with FsrealWX 3.

I think these various versions maybe causing a little confusion all round.

PS FSrealWX Pro v2 is very simple to set up and use.(The OP was having difficulties with his version of choice )

Cheers to you Pat.