logitech flight switch panel

Hi folks

I recently was given the logitech switch panel (I already have the Yoke and Throttle quadrant.)

How on earth is it configured? I went to the link given, downloaded the test program and the advised driver file. and all switches, gear lever etc all work when running the test program, its connected via usb slot on the yoke.....But in Sim nothing. I've attempted, settings, buttons/levers, Landing gear for example. and gone to new assignment. then moved the lever from gear down to up or vice versa, but nothing... Tried change assignment and still nothing. Looked on logitech support, but that seems decidedly lacking.

I'm hoping many on here use it and can advise

This is for FSX Steam edition

Not sure why Logitech driver is so troublesome. Think it doesn't add itself to the .xml so FSX can use it.

A few alternative options...

You didn't say what operating system you have, however these work in Windows 7, never tried in Windows 10

1. Original Saitek drivers, I use Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe

https://www.mmnt.net/db/0/5/ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/

Be sure to virus check from third person website

2. SPAD

http://fstools.weebly.com/

3. Modern option SPAD neXt, still in beta

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

BE SURE ONLY ONE DRIVER INSTALLED AT A TIME!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Pretty sure the Logitech driver does not add itself to the FSX exe.xml

This is what it looks like with Saitek...

Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe

-run

For the Logitech driver, replace the BOLD with the name of the Logitech path and .exe

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 1 month later...
Pretty sure the Logitech driver does not add itself to the FSX exe.xml

This is what it looks like with Saitek...

Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX

False

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe

-run

For the Logitech driver, replace the BOLD with the name of the Logitech path and .exe

pass the work, i will buy Saitek (logitech) panels (multi , etc.)