Anyone using a Thrustmaster T16000M...

I am thinking of buying a T16000M.

It seems pretty perfect for me, only problem is I have read it has issues with the yaw control. The twist in the joystick that controls the z axis. I keep reading it jumps around by itself ans spikes and whatnot.

I've also read the solution is to open it up and shave a few mm off a few pieces of plastic, plus a few other solutions folks have posted.

Does anyone have any input here? Is the issue with the twist control a problem, and if so, is there any real definitive solution?

( I was thinking of picking up a Gladiator MKII, but damn....I can't find it ANYWHERE. I'm in Canada, BTW)

I have used that stick for 2-3 years with no problems whatsoever. It is much more accurate and reliable than 3 previous sticks using potentiometers that became erratic sooner or later. The T16000M uses optical sensors - much better than pots.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

I have used that stick for 2-3 years with no problems whatsoever. It is much more accurate and reliable than 3 previous sticks using potentiometers that became erratic sooner or later. The T16000M uses optical sensors - much better than pots.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Thank you, that's good to hear.

However, I had read that the T16000M uses magnetic sensors for X and Y, (roll and pitch) but a potentiometer for the Z. (yaw) That's why a lot of people are encountering trouble with that axis, and only that axis, the twist. My guess is that it is meant to be used with Thrustmaster pedals, which would eliminate the need for twist controlling yaw.

I'm glad that yours is still working great though...I still really want to buy one. I need to slowly prepare myself for Flight Simulator 2020!!!

You are right, the X and Y sensors are magnetic - not optical. I don't know about the Z axis, but I use it with no problems. I just noticed that the throttle is becoming erratic like a typical dirty potentiometer, but it does not bother me as I use the throttle grip from a Saitek X52 Pro in a HOTAS configuration. Yes - a potentiometer in the Saitek stick failed. I still recommend the T16000M over sticks using potentiometers.

Over the years I have fixed noisy pots using a spray bottle of contact cleaner with lubricant available in most electronic parts stores, but eventually the pots will fail.