Adding special virtual cockpits to aircraft

Hey all, I needed some help with something, so I thought this forum would help.

So I have been testing out using AI aircraft for flying purposes in FSX (yes, I know, not the best way to use AI aircraft), and adding virtual cockpits to them (plus a new aircraft.cfg file). So far, I've done this for the FAIB 737-800 (uses default 737-800 panel and cockpit) and FSPX A350-900 (uses Thomas Ruth's A330 panel and cockpit). However, I wanted to do this for the FAIB 737-400 and TFS 777-300ER as well. The FSX-converted FS9 default 737-400 comes with the perfect panel and virtual cockpit, plus aircraft.cfg file, so I copied the panel and aircraft.cfg file over to a new FAIB 737-400 file (separate from the normal one, which I correctly...heh...use for AI). However, when I looked inside the model folder in the FS9 734, I saw no VC model. I was confused, but thought that the panel acted as a VC. All cool, right?

Nope. Opened up FSX to no VC. The panel and aircraft.cfg files worked good though. So I thought that the cockpit was built in to the FS9 734 model. Well, doing that happily crashed my FSX. So then, I tried using the 737-800 cockpit with the FS9 734 gauges...that was a very messed-up cockpit. Even using the Tinmouse 732 (built in) or Thomas Ruth 727 (gauges didn't load) didn't work. I've had to resort to the default 737-800 cockpit, which looks out of place on the old model.

The same thing happened with the 773. POSKY's built in VC didn't work either.

My question is, how exactly can I use the FS9 734 VC on my FAIB 734, or POSKY's VC on the TFS 773? Which files do I need to copy over to get them?

PS: this is probably my first or second post on this website, so please don't kill me over it :P

FS9 models must have a 'built-in' VC, only FSX models can have a VC added onto them.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64