location of FDI

HUMPERS

Hello. I am used to Microsoft Flight sims but due to problems with FSX not loading on Windows 10 I have purchased X Plane. I do like it but am struggling to find the flight Director so that I can fly on Autopilot. I have spent several hours trying to locate the autopilot panel & just don't get it. Sorry but if anyone can enlighten me, then thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
The Cessna autopilot works somewhat differently in X-Plane. Lets say you are at KFET on runway 130. You want to fly east at 96 degrees at an altitude of 3,000 feet. Take off and establish a desired climb. Set your heading bug (above the yoke) to 96 degrees. Press the hdg button at the base of the radio stack. Now press the vs button. This will establish the climb you instigated. The knob to the right lets you adjust the climb rate, so if you want to climb at 400 fpm, turn the knob to +4. You climb until you reach 3,000 feet. Then press alt button to the left of vs button and the plane will level off at 3,000 feet. There is no flight director involved. Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 2 weeks later...
The Cessna autopilot works somewhat differently in X-Plane. Lets say you are at KFET on runway 130. You want to fly east at 96 degrees at an altitude of 3,000 feet. Take off and establish a desired climb. Set your heading bug (above the yoke) to 96 degrees. Press the hdg button at the base of the radio stack. Now press the vs button. This will establish the climb you instigated. The knob to the right lets you adjust the climb rate, so if you want to climb at 400 fpm, turn the knob to +4. You climb until you reach 3,000 feet. Then press alt button to the left of vs button and the plane will level off at 3,000 feet. There is no flight director involved.

Many Thanks