Another nice flying warbird, the Republic XP-72!

Nice one Rick! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wonderful presentation!! I had to go to Wikipedia to even know what it is!! The thing that freaked me out was the supercharger mounted behind the pilot driven by a shaft from the engine!!??:eek::eek:

I have a high pressure supercharger in my old race/ now de-tuned to drive on the street car. But the typical high speed supercharger drive shaft never went by where I sit, sat!! A supercharger and a supercharger drive shaft turning about 3x the speed of the engine isn't something I want to share in the cockpit of an aircraft or automobile cockpit with!

I'm glad that like several of the WWII aircraft, these strange combat related aberrations were mostly out of the picture by the time I started to fly in the Marie Corps in the 60's!! Having said that we had a few weird ones as well.

I've never been as scared flying anything stateside as when I took a demonstration ride in a Lockeed Rigid Rotor chopper which actually flew by intent, inverted!!!!!!! The theory was if you flew recon missions inverted you'd be better able to observe the enemy territory! :eek::eek::eek: Just shoot me!!!! As a chopper guy I'd be more comfortable dealing with what I see out the windscreen!! If you want to look down in a H-34 or a H-46 just place your camera where the external hook is normally placed.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Wow, how did I miss this one, very nice.

Tim - I think I originally had 2 aircraft from the original freeware download. This, along with another, I believe I got as a Jan Kees paint. Let me download the second one, you might like that one also!

2020-6-26_15-44-36-459.jpg

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

@billythebassman Sorry Billy, I should have quoted your comment and question!

Billy - The original download does in fact say it's a Milton Shupe download, but, it also says FS2004/FSX No mention of P3D v4. You might want to check with Jan Kees, as I got 2 paints from him for this download, and I know he does a lot of work with P3D. He might be able to give you an exact answer you are looking for!

Edited by Downwind66

Billy - The original download does in fact say it's a Milton Shupe download, but, it also says FS2004/FSX No mention of P3D v4. You might want to check with Jan Kees, as I got 2 paints from him for this download, and I know he does a lot of work with P3D. He might be able to give you an exact answer you are looking for!

Yes, it worked fine in P3Dv4. It will probably work fine in v5 as well, although I haven't tried yet. Could be that it becomes a bit too shiny in v5.

I did one more paint for it, not sure if I ever uploaded it

46814457141_79fbbd9f18_k.jpgjk8064

Edited by jankees

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

Hi Jan - I have 2 of your paints, the "miss pick me up" and the "jeanie 22". When going over to AVSIM, your paints for the Republic XP-72 aren't the easiest to find. Never could find the "jeanie 22" again that I posted above. I did find the "Miss Lucy" paint on the AVSIM site which I don't have downloaded. Are there any others than these 3?

Is there an easy way to find your paints for this aircraft on AVSIM? There are a couple of members that have shown an interest in this aircraft, would be nice if they could find the paints that you have done, without the frustration of trying to find them!

Thanks Jan, keep up the good work! Oh, and thanks for answering Billy's question about the P3D!

Edited by Downwind66

Dewy, Cheatum, and Howe!

+1!!!!!! If it weren't for the ambulance chasers, half the news shows broadcast in the US probably would go belly up!

There's a company with regular nationwide ads, but since they don't pay me, I'll not print their name here. Their ads often show their corporate Citation and what appears to be a private home, which looks big enough to be the admin building of a large college.

It they didn't Cheatum & Howe, they'd never have afforded those kinds of toys and digs!! ;);)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.