10 / 5 / 2 Years Ago On FlightSim.Com

anaismith

• 1 month later...
Ah, make us feel even older, lol. But I also enjoy those "remember when" articles and wouldn't mind if they went back farther. I first registered here around spring of '98, had just gotten FS98, and though I cannot remember my current phone number still remember my first download here (a Luscombe sedan, tan with red trim, which I flew all over the virtual world ...it's still in the library).

What I like to do is search my own name and check out my very first screenshots I ever posted here (FS9) and realize how far I’ve come as far as quality goes...
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

• Founder

I'm glad you guys enjoy this!

I don't know how many people realize this, but virtually every article we've ever published since day one in 1996 is still online available to be read. Many web site when they do big software upgrades lose their old content but we've always thought it worthwhile to import into the new system.

I've thought about extending the widget back to 15 years and may do so before long. Initially picking 10 years kept even the older articles within the FSX era and thus still relevant to current use but now FSX is almost 15 years in the past and as more people are moving into newer sims many of those articles are more nostalgia than anything at this point.

Of course, the General Interest feature articles tend to be pretty timeless. There's a lot of good reading there.

When I first started here, the site was still using the old software. Then when the current software started, everyone had to register again.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Thank You Nels for sticking by the community for all those years! I go back to the 1990s. I was biguglyguy back then. Thanks again!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU