You gotta be kidding

Rebrecs

So I'm on approach, getting near glide slope. The phone rings. A call I had been expecting. Very brief. I set the autopilot up to finish the slope, certain I would be done in time to land the plane. As it turns out, auto pilot was ok, but throttles were not. I tried to "rassle" her up and save the day but wound up nose down in a hole just ahead of the runway.

Then I hear, " Beech XYZ, Contact Ground on ......"

You gotta be kidding me. Uhhh, I already did that.

So I did an experiment. What I learned is that one can land the plane anywhere, and the ATC that cleared you for landing will say "Contact Ground etc. etc. "

All this time I have been thinking they know when I crash, they know when I land at the wrong airport ... nope.

Amazed.

Press for menu bar, then 'aircraft'-'realism settings'. See if "Detect Crashes" is selected.

Fsx does "know" if you landed on the correct runway. If so you will hear 'exit runway when able'. If you land off the runway, on the wrong runway you will hear 'contact ground'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL, while you were distracted by the phone and wound up nose down in a hole, ATC is reminding you, that you made contact with ground.

As il88pp suggested.

Edited by BushPilot

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

Yeah, just one of the idiosyncrasies of FSX ATC. You can crash into the ground and jump out of the plane running around with your hair on fire and ATC will still just say "Contact Ground". Now....just take off without proper permission and see what happens! :eek:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

So I'm on approach, getting near glide slope. The phone rings. A call I had been expecting. Very brief. I set the autopilot up to finish the slope, certain I would be done in time to land the plane. As it turns out, auto pilot was ok, but throttles were not. I tried to "rassle" her up and save the day but wound up nose down in a hole just ahead of the runway.

You gotta be kidding me. Uhhh, I already did that.

So I did an experiment. What I learned is that one can land the plane anywhere, and the ATC that cleared you for landing will say "Contact Ground etc. etc. "

All this time I have been thinking they know when I crash, they know when I land at the wrong airport ... nope.

Amazed.

Learn to press the `Pause` button!!!!!