Found 2 ground vehicles in default V5 install that appear to be misspelled

dogdish

Under SimObjects/GroundVehicles

Veh_Tourchoach_sm >should be Veh_Tourcoach_sm ?

and

Veh_YekllowDoubleBus_sm >should be Veh_YellowDoubleBus_sm ?

I thought maybe I had a corrupt install then I found this page at LM with same misspelled vehicles...

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/sdk/references/library_objects/lo_ground_vehicles.html

Is there a way to confirm if these work in sim as spelled. Or should they be correctly spelled?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Under SimObjects/GroundVehicles

Veh_Tourchoach_sm >should be Veh_Tourcoach_sm ?

and

Veh_YekllowDoubleBus_sm >should be Veh_YellowDoubleBus_sm ?

I thought maybe I had a corrupt install then I found this page at LM with same misspelled vehicles...

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/sdk/references/library_objects/lo_ground_vehicles.html

Is there a way to confirm if these work in sim as spelled. Or should they be correctly spelled?

Change the name: If the ground vehicle shows, happy days. If it doesn't, no harm done....

They're mis-spelled in FSX and every subsequent version of P3D too I'm guessing (P3D v4.5 for sure), I wouldn't mess with them, anything that references them probably won't be able to find them.

First time noticing this, didn't even check my FSX (I'll have to check my my FS 2000 Pro version too :) )

Must have been a comedian or somebody with butter fingers who wrote them that way.

I think they are referenced by the title= inside the folder though.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I think they are referenced by the title= inside the folder though.

I think you're right - and those are misspelled too, lol. I don't even know what references them or how they're used. Maybe some missions use them I guess. I know the freeway traffic comes from vehicles_land.bgl in the scenery\global\scenery folder. The "Tourchoach" is a very nice model though.

Got curious if "choach" had any meaning. It does but not in English and cannot be posted here :o