Tricky Airports

Rebrecs

I'm a real newbie so my exposure is small. The most difficult in my limited experience has been El Dorado International (SKBO).

The tower controller nonchalantly says, "fly straight in."

OK then, and let me know how that works out for you.

As a newbie, "fly straight in" to a well feathered runway is usually like winning the lottery. Not this one.

Anyone who has successfully done it and wonders what I think it is hard - let's chat !

Any others? What's your worst?

Not near a flight simulator, but looked up SKBO on sky vector and the MEF on either side are 13K and 14.6K! Does straight in mean into mountain? I’ll give it try...

The worst for me was just before Christmas. I was on a flight from KJFK to VIDP using a real world flight plan, using NAT, FMS with the most current cycle using a pay ware aircraft and had a real world software with moving map and all approaches on an iPad hooked up to flight simulator via WiFi, with pay ware weather add on etc...

Some where over the Atlantic I had to divert. Not because I had a mechanical issue with the aircraft, NO, NO.... My wife said, it’s a beautiful day, let go to the park, we also need groceries too, it was rather warm for December that day.

The closest airport was just an hour away, BGBW Narsarsuaq Greenland. I said give me an hour, figured it will take her that long to get dressed. BUT NO NO...

Set up RINUM RNAV Y RWY 06, it was IFR. See how that works out for you.... Flew a non stabilized approach and landed.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

I hope you weren´t using the default ATC for guiding you to SKBO runways 31L/R. In real life there used to be a cicle-to-land procedures. Don´t ever try going over the Cerros and then dive to the runway.

For takeoff from runways 13L/R, at 800 ft AGL, turn! I still have some issues taking off with a fully loaded A319. Heck, even Avianca in the real world has issues.

For me, the hardest ones have been VNKT and VQPR. I can´t do them without EGPWS.

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

• 4 weeks later...
I made a series of three downloads I called World's Scariest Airports, each set you up on final for several different difficult landings.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

I made a series of three downloads I called World's Scariest Airports, each set you up on final for several different difficult landings.

Thanks Andy

Would be nice if they could be used in P3D

Tried installing the FLT WX and SPB in the Scenarios\Emergency folder with additional Flights\Other folder to emulate the fs2002 original but the WX files are uncompatible with p3d

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think