Returning to Flight

Ant1981

Hello all. After some years away from flying, I'm returning to flying. It's been a rough couple of years in my personal life, adding on top of other things, family commitments have meant I had far less time to get in the air.

I made my return offline with FSX, flying an A109, then later on a BAC 1-11.

I used to fly a lot online, using vatsim. I have probably forgotten a lot of things. Some of it is coming back to me but I am still struggling memory wise from time to time.

I seem to remember some way of getting up to date airfield charts and airac cylces. I wonder what's changed in the Vatsim world? I wouldn't even remember how to log on at the moment!

Any comments welcome, even if it is to poke fun! ;)

http://www.airsimmer.com/pic/asb9.jpg

Aviation is not inherently dangerous but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessnes, incapacity or neglect.

That is great to hear! Most of us have had departures (short or long) from the flight sim world for one reason or another as real life intervenes. Lots of great developments as you will soon learn and be right back on track. Everyone can’t wait for MSFS2020!

Flying with Vatsim, anyone got a dummy's guide to it? I cannot remember for the life of me how to do it.

In my FSX, I have some add ons which now crash FSX, assume one of them is for Vatsim.

Such is my memory loss, I have no idea what that Air Simmer thing is in my signature either.

http://www.airsimmer.com/pic/asb9.jpg

Aviation is not inherently dangerous but it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessnes, incapacity or neglect.