FS9 Recommendations - Best Payware Narrowbody Jet with realistic FMS and Flight Model

Flyguybc

I'd recommend something but so far can't get it to function perfectly on Win 10.

For any complex aircraft, if you are on Win 10 I would suggest you carefully research any user issues. I'm finding Win 10 a real pain in the butt to the point I may have to switch FS9 back to Win 7. Some complex aircraft simply won't work and are not compatible with Win 10 at all.

Make your selection carefully.

Mark Daniels

I have PMDG B737(FS9), PSS B757(FS9), QW B757 (FS9 and FSX) and PSS B777 (FS9)

Only one that don't work under WIN10 is PSS B777 ..................

In my Experience WIN10 is more stable and offers more 'room' to run different programs,

f.i. FSX , FSCommander , Flightaware. No problem whin I flew in FS9 : B777 UUEE-ZBAA

together with my son who was in the 'real UA plane'..................... I felt so connected with him

when I compared the progress my flight in FSCommander with the position of the real plane in 'Flight-

Aware' My flight from FSBuild to FS9. The resemblance between the FS9 position and the Flightaware position was at times 'striking'

I've had the same experience with FSX flights and Flightaware but have no supporting screenshots.

So for me WIN10 is solid fundament to run several heavy programs together.

WIN10 I7 6700K GTX1050TI4G 16G-DDR4 SSD500

Adam_ZBAA_FLT.jpg

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

I'm transitioning to FS9 on a new Windows 10 computer so this topic is of great interest. It would be useful having a list of what payware aircraft work and which ones do not work. Save me from a lot of trial and error. In particular I am interested to know what works from these vendors: QW (see that 757 works - thanks piet), Level-D, CLS, Flight1, Dreamfleet, Wilco, Feelthere, Carenado, Virtualcol, alphasim, VIRTAVIA. If anyone is able to report on any of these under Windows 10, it would be very much appreciated.

Greg

There's a thing I would like to add. As I see it: From the beginning WIN10 has not allways been

a static collection of programs. There are these upgrades which can change a working program

into a problematic one. So to me under WIN10 there is never a guarantee that a program that works

now will continue working. Don't know what will happen when the 'next WIN10' upgrade comes out.......

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Only one that don't work under WIN10 is PSS B777 ..................

Strange: I could run the PSS 777 with no issues (apart from the unstable FPS with all PSS Boeings). Maybe I was using the version sold by BlackBox and you were using a previous one?

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

I'm transitioning to FS9 on a new Windows 10 computer so this topic is of great interest. It would be useful having a list of what payware aircraft work and which ones do not work.

Hi Greg,

The problem with Win 10 is what works can totally depend on the users particular system. I've got programs working that apparently you can't run on Win 10 and then I have programs that don't work on my system but work on other users. Heck, this even happens with software made for Win 10! eg Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I'm using the iFly 737 and the autopilot is disconnecting randomly at cruise. Found 3 other reports of the same thing so it works for many but not for all.

Then the biggest issue is Win 10 changes. What works today may not work tomorrow.

Mark Daniels

try reinstalling and reactivating FSUIPC.

It's next on my list of things to try. I was using an older FSUIPC version on Win 7 and moved to the latest version with Win 10 so it is a candidate to be causing the issue. Already eliminated many other potential problem causers like controllers etc.

Mark Daniels

Awesome ideas everyone, thanks

One question - I didn't realize that you could use the latest version of FSUIPC with FS9. I downloaded an older version because the FSUIPC site said that was the one for FS9? Is that correct?