Europe 1961 scenery in P3Dv4

atla

• 5 months later...

Atla - Most of not all of the Cal Classic scenery was reworked for FSX being for FS9 and MS2004. 90% of it worked fine in FSX the only issues being location misplacement due to the changes in the way the world was presented between FSX and FS9 in other words some places namely the whole aerodrome location could be out by anything from a 100 m to a kilometer they would still work but be horrible to look at. All the objects etc worked and showed up ok but you needed all the Cal Classic Libraries installed also for this to happen.

Now as for P3DV4 cannot say only way to find out is to install them into an addon folder and select them in the scenery editor and go and have a look, I suspect they probably will work but the objects can be quite crude say compared to the high definition models and textures now available in a lot of scenery especially P3D. For example trees and people are 2D objects which means they can display oddly in another installation.

Check out the Cal Classic Forum for FSX you will find very long and detailed discussions about Cal Classic Scenery for FSX it will help you work it out, as I said cannot see why not but give it a go.

Atla - Most of not all of the Cal Classic scenery was reworked for FSX being for FS9 and MS2004. 90% of it worked fine in FSX the only issues being location misplacement due to the changes in the way the world was presented between FSX and FS9 in other words some places namely the whole aerodrome location could be out by anything from a 100 m to a kilometer they would still work but be horrible to look at. All the objects etc worked and showed up ok but you needed all the Cal Classic Libraries installed also for this to happen.

Now as for P3DV4 cannot say only way to find out is to install them into an addon folder and select them in the scenery editor and go and have a look, I suspect they probably will work but the objects can be quite crude say compared to the high definition models and textures now available in a lot of scenery especially P3D. For example trees and people are 2D objects which means they can display oddly in another installation.

Check out the Cal Classic Forum for FSX you will find very long and detailed discussions about Cal Classic Scenery for FSX it will help you work it out, as I said cannot see why not but give it a go.

Which version of P3d? Most will work in P3D v4+.

Some won't.

Ask calclassic. You will need their library files.