Los Angeles Flight Tour - Retro 1940's

Experience memory lane on a flight departing out of Van Nuys Airport in the front seat of the Cessna 195 Businessliner. We fly over the greater LA area with flash back historical photos from the 1940’s. Listen to some Swing Era music and a touch of some classic vinyl songs as we prepare for the flight. The accuracy of the flight simulation scenery in combination with detailed maps like ForeFlight permits the location of precise buildings and landmarks. Enjoy and please subscribe to help the channel grow. Thanks.

Laurie - Great job with the video. The Cessna 195 Businessliner is one of my favorites@!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219455[/ATTACH]

This Big Boy is a handful and if you fly one, my "hat goes off to you!"

Rick :cool:

Great shot!

Thanks Rick. Yes, I put my heart into this and spent hours in video editing process. Much appreciated when viewers comment. The 195 is a handful in real life and it is not an easy plane to fly. I’m not sure the flight dynamics are precise in the sim. I spent a lot of time practicing in the plane before capturing the flight for the video. Landings are by far the most difficult and even more so for pilots will low time in taildraggers. The trick I found with this plane is to pull back on the propellor pitch and touch down lower than 70 knots. Too fast and you will ground loop for sure. Cheers!

Loved this!! Thanks for your work and the entertainment you provided me this evening. I subscribed and look forward to following you.

Well, thank you very much for watching and subscribing! I try to edit the videos for a combined educational and entertainment value - something to make them stand out from so much similar content on YouTube. Cheers!