current fsx scenery designers

just a thought. with FS2020 scheculed to have accurate airports, grass strips etc. what will happen to current fsx scenery designers? i suppose immediately not a lot as folks will stick with fsx, whilst moving to 2020, but ultimately more and more will port across. As it uses google maps, there is not a lot of room for the scenenry packs from the likes of scotflight etc.

While the scenery in the new sim will be far better by default than previous sim defaults, not all airports, cities and other points of interest will be highly detailed. So there will still be a place for scenery designers to offer add-ons.

As it uses google maps...

Thought they were using Bing maps because Microsoft.

I'm assuming the off-line mode would be where ORBX and others will produce replacements.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thought they were using Bing maps because Microsoft.

I'm assuming the off-line mode would be where ORBX and others will produce replacements.

Yes, it does use Bing maps. However, not all places or airports are modelled to the same level. Some cities will be covered by photogrammetry, but many won’t. So even when using the steaming data, there will likely be opportunities for add-on developers.

• 4 weeks later...

ORBX definitely making scenery for FS2020 starting with airports...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/197150-orbx-and-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro