Who is still using and working on Golden Wings?

leuen

It isn't scary at all. If you first backup Scenery folder, there will be no risk to try. It's just a matter of willing to get the default airports out or not. Sometimes unconventional methods could be successful.

I'm more concerned about reducing or replacing high buildings. Eventually it might be a question of suitable textures. But which ones?

Bernard

Not scary??!!

I walked into a bar recently, all eyes on me. Got to the counter, the barman said "what'll it beee, stranger?"

I asked for my usual go to beverage..chocolate milkshake with a double shot of full cream milk.

The barman asked what I was doing in town. I said I'm planning on deleting some scenery AP9xxxxx.bgl files.

Well..

The piano player in the corner stopped, the few patrons were aghast and moved back away from me. The barman slowing walking backwards also with his hands raised and gently said "just..easy stranger. Easy.No need for that".

True story.

There's an amazing collection of historic flight plans by Michel Lagneau on Rikoooo:

https://www.rikoooo.com/more/historic-flight-plan

Most of the introductory text is in French, but it only takes a few seconds to translate this, if you use, for example, a Firefox add-on like "S.3 Translator", which translates any text you highlight. The flightplan itself is self-explanatory, and doesn't need translating. For some of the flights, Michel provides suggested vintage aircraft.

Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com

For Missions in FSX and P3D

Thanks for the advice. I know the Ford tri motor site since a longer time. I once installed all repaints as AI static traffic, there are 369 here!

52185269614_0782ce5f7e_b.jpg

The wish should always be that the few remaining interested parties at least occasionally come up with small suggestions as to how GW3 could still be run in an interesting way.

I tried this fictional air show at Capital Airfield, Springfield IL.

52184962001_14e36a87cd_b.jpg

Lastivka mentioned the interesting site with historical flights. It indeed is a welcomed source of ideas for reconstructing special vintage flights. However, several airfields have to be redesigned in order to replace the default ones.

BTW, not all flights listed are true to historical facts. For example, the flight '1933 Western Air Express' is scheduled to fly to Kennedy Airport and Chicago O'Hare. But then these were just ordinary agricultural fields!

Bernard