Throttle advances after exiting slew

TheRedBadger

Hi again y'all, back for my monthly gripe

This one's a simple but annoying one. Any airplane I exit slew (whether or not I actually move around with the slew or push any key) advances the throttle forward once I exit. It's fixed by calibrating the joystick (Logitech one), but that's an annoying thing to have to do every time I start the sim. I thought it might have had something to do with another controller like a PS4 controller connected, but that doesn't seem to be the case as it's off and disconnected. This is a new problem. I don't know what's causing it. It might be the PS4 controller being installed at all but it's been installed for sometime and I'd rather not touch that (my brother's the main user).

Thanks!

Carlos Si

Hi,

Have you tried pressing F1 first to make sure you are firmly on the ground before exiting Slew?

I always do this with the aircraft lower-elevation key. Didn't work when pressing F1.

Look at your sensitivities and null zone on your joystick. Maybe need to adjust this.

Calibrating it and now apparently needing to unplug and plug in are required to get the thing to stop advancing.

The throttle axis is not something I can adjust the sensitivity of, nor the null zone. I've only got roll, pitch, and yaw.

Also it seems I fixed my slew-yaw with the joystick problem I had before, ahahah.

Edited by TheRedBadger
Carlos Si

Just to clarify the aircraft isn't taking off like most aircraft do when they are exit from slew and go airborne (if slew is exit from an altitude other than the ground) . It settles onto the ground nicely but just the throttle goes up by a few hundred RPMs.

Ok I have no idea what happened but the problem seems to have gone away on it's own and I can now yaw in slew mode again. Here's what I did that may have resulted in this:

Reset sensitivities (even though throttle axis is not one of them)

Changed the location of the USBs (the problem returns when I insert the USBs back to their original position).

Not sure why that may have been an issue in the first place. Everything seems to be working fine now. Odd this was not a problem before, however.

Edited by TheRedBadger
Carlos Si