Replika simulation gear

Hi! This is a message of owner of REPLIKA SIMULATION GEAR:

Hi fellow virtual pilots!

My name is Hrvoje, from Croatia. For the past 5 years I've been working on designing and engineering replica WWII hardware for a better, more immersive flying experience.

It all started years ago as just 3d models, and few prototypes ordered from 3d printing companies. It took a few years for the technology to catch up so that these beauties could be manufactured on affordable CNC routers, Laser cutters and 3d printers.

Now, we have a convergence of technologies that allow me to completely manufacture these units in-house.

I present to you, my babies. 3 prototypes that I have been personally testing for the last 6 months. Electronics are arduino clones, programmed as generic windows joysticks, no drivers, plug'n'play. If you want, you can even program your own firmware. They come with a metal desktop stand, trim boxes, flaps and gear levers, and complete set of switches that are not in these pictures but will be presented soon.

There will be throttle and other stuff for Bf,FW190,Dora,Spit....

Here are the photographs I took in my newly assembled studio. As I get familiar with the camera I will present many more and of course, a youtube video of them in action. Here are the first few photographs (short usb cables only for photo shoot) :

P-47-facebook.jpg

P-51-facebook.jpg

P-38-facebook.jpg

REPLIKA-simulators.jpg

There will be no pre-orders or sales, until my local, Croatian squad of 15 pilots finishes the beta testing.

EDIT 1: There are also Bf-109, 190 and others in development, plus my own bases and replaceable WWII grips. KG13 wink wink.

EDIT 2: All of my products are designed per available original blueprint scans that I purchase. Dimensions are 1:1 with adjustments to fit sensors and such.

Very impressive looking items. Congrats.

Forgive a retired dumb-guy question (never played a flight combat sim). I infer that some flight sim players stick to only one airplane and then built a full sim cockpit around that choice for their air combat play?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Forgive a retired dumb-guy question (never played a flight combat sim). I infer that some flight sim players stick to only one airplane and then built a full sim cockpit around that choice for their air combat play?

Not actualy,players play(Fly) with multiple plans axis or alied side...The more planes the better!

So for each plane they would purchase a different set of controls?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

So for each plane they would purchase a different set of controls?

When I was actively doing flight sims in the 90's I had one flight stick, one throttle, one set of paddles, and one wheel type controller so I could fly different types of planes with different configurations of controls within my budget.

If they are not going to be available on Amazon, WalMart or Banggood, I won't buy them no matter what the price. But that's just me being me. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

If they are not going to be available on Amazon, WalMart or Banggood, I won't buy them no matter what the price. But that's just me being me. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Chuck B

Napamule

Agreed, put it on Amazon. I live in a faraway country and need the reassurance of honest, independent user reviews/ratings and the backing of large reputable company.

In response to earlier question, I typically buy one set of (good value-for-money) controls with as many functions on them as possible, for example the CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle. Then I can handle any aircraft or simulator with multiple programmable buttons, switches and hats.

The REPLIKA SIMULATION GEAR controls look fantastic and it will be great for handling a very specific aircraft, but I suspect they will be hellishly expensive and far less versatile than my CH Products HOTAS setup?

Edited by rooitou
i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

That's some pretty impressive gear you have there. Looks like no one is taking interest for some reason which I think is a shame.

To those complaining they'd rather buy from Amazon, etc. An escrow like PayPal would give you a money back guarantee.

Not specifically air for combat but yes, some people do build a cockpit for a specific aircraft they like. For example the aircraft they used to fly in real life.

See this beautiful example in the 'Cockpit Builders Forum' thread:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?298949-P-51D-cockpit-build

a 'combat stick' is simply a stick that has one or more triggers to fire missiles and such. Some war planes have such sticks.

But you can fly a plane that has a combat stick just for fun of course and leave the missiles at home.:D

Some build a full 747, 737, a321, etc cockpit!

Building a cockpit is a careful balancing act between lots of hardware, software and game that have to work with that hardware, and a pc (sometimes 2 pc's are used together are used) to run it all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]