Getting reacquainted with an old Classic!

Looking good Rick. A lot of engine up front there :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David! Yes, lot of engine, but the weight might help in slowing this bad boy down. Got to experiment with airspeeds on this one!

When do you depart for Florida? Have a good time and be careful!

Rick :cool::cool:

Headed out Saturday!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh well, found a better one, as I really do like polished bare aluminum! This will be my "keeper!"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]219378[/ATTACH]

Rick :cool:

I agree aluminum is cool!! Having said that, having dealt with radials RW I know they tend to, like British bikes and Harleys, "Mark their spot." Paint might hide the drippings better. ;)

Just curious, how tough is it to see over that round monster?? I'd think that would require a pretty steep descent. :eek: Which might cause the high touchdown speed.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

WONDERFUL SHOTS!! A radial in a Cessna!??

Yes, Michael, a radial! The 195 is an old Cessna. This was the workhorse before the Cessna 180's came out in 1953. There are still a lot of them around. I saw a fly-in of C195's on YouTube, I couldn't believe how many flew to the fly-in! To answer your concern about looking over the cowl. Yes, a problem when the tail wheel is down, but it doesn't stay down long. Also, best to do wheel landings with these, or a very slow 3 pointer! I like it! The yellow one I had was fine, but all the glass was dark, this download really presents itself well! AND, the red paint goes well with the polished aluminum!!!

Michael - Here's the download info if you are interested. It comes with 3 liveries, one is bare metal/green, one is the bare metal/red no wheel pants and the one I kept is bare metal/red with wheel pants! I just looked and it has a very nice looking VC! To me, the 2d panel that is offered doesn't offer that much, so I found a panel on another plane that I could use for the time being!

It is a fun plane to fly and for a single, and being a heavy one at that, it still scoots along pretty well! - Rick :cool:

FSX - FSX General Aviation

FSX Cessna 195 "Shakey Jake"

[ Download | View ]

Name: cessna195.zip

Size: 22,590,567 Date: 07-21-2011 Downloads: 1,816

FSX Cessna 195 "Shakey Jake". This is a Cessna 195 with the gauges and panels and sounds adapted to FSX standards. It's the complete aircraft with three textures (red, dressed red and cef). By J. F. Tomas. Original by Don Bodenstedt, Joe Binka and Eric Norton (C195XSJPNLDCB.ZIP and SHKYJAKE.ZIP).

Well, happy to report, the wheel landings are getting better in this "Big Boy!"

Final approach to RWY 33 Charleston, SC

2020-6-5_18-47-56-115.jpg

Nice finish with a successful wheel landing. Definitely put a smile on my face!

2020-6-5_18-53-20-534.jpg

Nice landing!! Not a true nose up three wheel touchdown, but better than I could ever do!! :mad::o

Next question is how well can you taxi that beast?

There is a "Fly in" subdivision very near where I live. Most everyone who lives there either flies huge aircraft for DHL or UPS. Since they can't actually "fly" those 747's etc., they choose to commute to from SDF and CVG with GA aircraft where they can actually still fly and control their aircraft!

The lay out of the subdivision is an airstrip which is almost as soon as the public highway enters the property. But that airstrip has no hangers. It is assumed that everyone who lives there will have their own hanger at home. So they can taxi home, park their plane, and go in for dinner.

So the only road there is much wider than normal and everyone in a land based vehicle is assumed to give "right of way" or even back up into someone's driveway or taxiway" so the pilot can go to from his/her home without any issues.

There is a very senior UPS 747 flight instructor who lives there, over three blocks from the airstrip. His "commuter vehicle," weather allowing is a RW restored and perfect T-28. Every time he leaves or returns in even marginal weather or light, there is a bet about how many mail boxes he'll take out. But guess what!! RW It's worth it and no one complains!!!!!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.