In FSX - do I only see Sim traffic? Or other Sim flyers? Or both?

Rebrecs

Hi,

I'm still reading my FSX manuals. There may be 50 pages on this very topic and I just have not found it yet.

I notice it makes some folks furious when you ask a question that is in the book, but ... I'm doing it anyway --

It is often instructive to watch the airplane traffic that is generated by the Sim. I find it especially so regarding taxiing. And that, by the way is how I can tell that it is computer driven. You just cant get as perfect as a computer driving a tricycle with your feet...

I would find it highly improbable that I am the only one that gets a little off of the yellow stripe. Not to mention in the dang grass.

My point: I would like to only see, and see all of, the planes that have actual Sim pilots flying them.

Is there a way to do that in FSX ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm still reading my FSX manuals. There may be 50 pages on this very topic and I just have not found it yet.

I notice it makes some folks furious when you ask a question that is in the book, but ... I'm doing it anyway --

It is often instructive to watch the airplane traffic that is generated by the Sim. I find it especially so regarding taxiing. And that, by the way is how I can tell that it is computer driven. You just cant get as perfect as a computer driving a tricycle with your feet...

I would find it highly improbable that I am the only one that gets a little off of the yellow stripe. Not to mention in the dang grass.

My point: I would like to only see, and see all of, the planes that have actual Sim pilots flying them.

Is there a way to do that in FSX ?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is in the manual. You can see Artifcially Intelligent `other` aircraft, and if you fly online, other sim pilots.

You would have to be in multiplayer or online with VATSIM. But before you venture off into VATSIM you need skill, lots of it because VATSIM is all about "as real as it gets." And you should know how to aviate, navigate and communicate. Then you should have a plane that has a full fledged cockpit with real working FMC and know how to use SIDs and STARS.

Here's some more reading material if you want. All free. http://www.flightsimbooks.com/

Just to amplify the above a bit, in FSX you can have "AI" traffic when you are flying in single player mode, and you can have other player's traffic when you are connected to a session with others, whether through a multiplayer server (of which there are several, I'm told) or directly connected to another player's session. In multiplayer you see only the traffic of others connected to the same session that you are.

with real working FMC

Not all aircraft have such a gadget, so if you're flying a lightplane (or don't they allow that) then you just need to be able to use the gear on board, along with knowing IFR flying and such, as mentioned above.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

in FSX you can have "AI" traffic when you are flying in single player mode, and you can have other player's traffic when you are connected to a session with others, whether through a multiplayer server (of which there are several, I'm told) or directly connected to another player's session. .

Interesting. Thank you. Now I know what I am looking for in the docs. I recall seeing multiplayer stuff in the FSX doc but zoomed past it.

I wonder what happens if somebody hits the Pause button. (not a serious question)

I reckon I will stick with the Simulated traffic for a while.

I wonder what happens if somebody hits the Pause button.

Everyone else online gets launched through the windscreen.

Edit --

I just Googled 'What would happen if everything stopped?'

Please don't hit the pause, just in case...

Edited by defaid

Everyone else online gets launched through the windscreen.

Edit --

I just Googled 'What would happen if everything stopped?'

Please don't hit the pause, just in case...

Best laugh I have had in months .....