ORBX scenery question they won't answer

westway

So, recently I purchased Orbx ( I know ) Vector, OpenLC NAmerica & OpenLC Europe and the scenery enhancement to my FSX is fantastic. Having said that, for those who may also have this, all the bridges have a BLACK surface and vehicles do not pass over them they just disappear when they hit the bridges, I can live with that but it would be nice to have the surface a lighter texture. Any advice would be appreciated aside from some of the typical Orbx rhetoric.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but I believe you are supposed to start with the Orbx Global Base Pack before installing Vector and Open LC's.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

... all the bridges have a BLACK surface ...

You mean they have a blackish texture applied, or rather black 'cos of a missing texture?

Anyway, this is how the bridges appear on my install (same Orbx products as you).

wfk4dHs.png

If this is what you call black, then so be it...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Nope my surface is BLACK.....

You mean they have a blackish texture applied, or rather black 'cos of a missing texture?

Anyway, this is how the bridges appear on my install (same Orbx products as you).

wfk4dHs.png

If this is what you call black, then so be it...

Wim

Hi

Is this of any help,

Orbx1.jpg

Orbx2.jpg

Orbx3.jpg

Orbx4.jpg

Taken from the Orbx Vector install manual,

cheers

Intel Core i7-4770K CPU Overclocked @ 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Cooler Master Liquid Cooling System 16 GB G-Skill DDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4 GB Graphics Card 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Ultra High-Performance Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia HD-C985 video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder Deepcool Tesseract Mid Tower PC Case NZXT Grid+ V2 Fan Controller + 3 case fans Windows10 64 Professional FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

i7-4770K 4.60 GHz (Hyperthreading off) Liquid Cooling 16GB G-Skill DDR3 GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB 500GB WD Blue 3D SSD SATA III x4 Creative Sound Z Sound Card 5.1Ch 24BitAvermedia video capture card CH Yoke and Rudder NZXT Fan Controller Windows10 64 Prof FS9 - FSX -FSX-SE Track Hat

The order of installation makes a big difference with ORBX products. I am running P3dv4 and have not experienced that problem. I would if you have followed your order of installation, I would uninstall and would make certain that all files are confirmed. Then, the settings on your video card would be next. Make sure that you have the proper anti aliasing settings etc. etc. Also, make sure your video drivers are all up to date.