system requirements for fs2020

I currently running a Dell inspiron laptop with the following : NVidia GeForce gt630m, 8ram, I-7-3632 220GH processor. All flight sims to date run fine with what I have.I would appreciate if one of you could tell me if this would work with the upcoming MS FS 2020.

As we only have the specs from Asobo to go on, we don’t know exactly how the sim will run relative to the specs Asobo has released. Your system appears to be below the minimum specs they have provided, so it may run, but will probably need to have settings set at the low end. We will get a better idea after it has been released later this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding specs:

I know this is a new program, sharing a name but not much code with the old MS Flight Sim, but I'm looking for similarities between it and the old one or P3D. Originally, FS was more likely to be CPU-bound than GPU-bound. I'm presuming that FS2020 will also be dependent on very powerful CPUs, but so far, I've been unable to find information on whether single-core speed or multi-threading performance is more important -- i.e., Intel or Ryzen? Which has been preferred recently for X-Plane and P3D?

• 3 weeks later...
I currently running a Dell inspiron laptop with the following : NVidia GeForce gt630m, 8ram, I-7-3632 220GH processor. All flight sims to date run fine with what I have.I would appreciate if one of you could tell me if this would work with the upcoming MS FS 2020.

Aside from your other specs, your integrated gpu will get slayed. Here you can compare your GeForce gt630m with the GTX 670 (which does not even meet osobo minimum specs of GTX 700)

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-670-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-630M/2181vsm7814

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-pc-requirements

I would consider getting a decent gaming desktop with a dedicated gpu. Also, you may want to make your system future proof for VR.

Edited by VRdude

Ah, I don't think the OP's GPU is integrated, i.e into the CPU. That GPU is a dedicated GPU built into the laptop. But aside from that, no, it will do a poor job with the new Sim.

And it's not "osobo." It's Asobo.

The company Asobo doesn't really impress me though with what games they have created and their current revenue vs that of competitors. So with that I'll await the guinea pigs.

Edit-

Read the overview and ask yourself if your laptop can hack it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_(2020_video_game)

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

Ah, I don't think the OP's GPU is integrated, i.e into the CPU. That GPU is a dedicated GPU built into the laptop. But aside from that, no, it will do a poor job with the new Sim.

And it's not "osobo." It's Asobo.

The company Asobo doesn't really impress me though with what games they have created and their current revenue vs that of competitors. So with that I'll await the guinea pigs.

Edit-

Read the overview and ask yourself if your laptop can hack it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_(2020_video_game)

Integrated or not that gpu will take a beat down. To run fs2020 on a laptop you're going to need a high end one...like Asus ROG Zephyrus S17

Basically look at the minimum requirements by Asobo and work from there. I got my computer before any specs were posted, so to be safe I went with

• Processor Intel® Coreâ„¢ i9-9900K Processor (8x 3.60GHz/16MB L3 Cache)
  • Memory 32GB (16GB x 2) DDR4 3200MHz CORSAIR Vengeance LPX
  • Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB GDDR6 - MSI VENTUS OC (VR-Ready)
  • Storage 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD

I definitely didn't want to spend money on a new system that would not be able to handle MS 2020. I was confident that with these specs, it was probably close to what they were beta testing on. As it turns out my computer qualifies for "Ideal specs" which was nice to see.

Edited by VRdude