Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fs2020 aircraft- so far

Default Fs2020 aircraft- so far

I just watched a pretty amazing video, on You Tube, from Flight Sim. It gave a list of the aircraft we can expect in 4K. The aircraft, scenery and cockpits look fantastic.
    This is the list:
    Airbus A320
    Boeing 747
    Cessna 172
    Cessna Grand Caravan
    Cessna Citation
    Daher TBM 900
    Daher TBM 930
    Daimond DA62
    Icon A5
    Piper PA18
    PX Cub
    Robin Apex DR400
    BUT... wouldn't be nice if they could migrate a couple of aircraft from FSX? I have a couple of favorites, the DC-3 & the Gumman
    Goose. I've always had a soft spot for radial engines. Mainly because I spent some time working on them.
    Does anyone have a favorite they'd like to see in the new flight sim?
    Oh and who's taking bets that we are going to end up with Microdsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (that was released in 2021) So many bugs!

What? No B-737 (or 787). You're kidding! I'm not 100% certain on this but I do believe the 737 is the most popular airliner in the world.

As an old fav of mine, I'd love to see the 727 in my FS hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by budreiser View Post
    What? No B-737 (or 787). You're kidding! I'm not 100% certain on this but I do believe the 737 is the most popular airliner in the world.

As an old fav of mine, I'd love to see the 727 in my FS hanger.
    Neither are under the control of Asoba. PMDG will supply a 737. 787 will come from Quality Wings.
    You don't get an unlimited choice: No fighter aircraft, for example, modern or vintage...
    Buy it, or don't. Your choice.

I read that we will be able to bring existing assets over from previous flight simulator. It wasa writen in one of MSFS updates..
    My system
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5 Ghz
    6Gigs of Ram
    Radeon HD5770 1Gig Video Card

Quote Originally Posted by stusue View Post
    I read that we will be able to bring existing assets over from previous flight simulator. It wasa writen in one of MSFS updates..
    While they have confirmed that there is some form of flight model compatibility with FSX, they haven’t given any details about how it works. A big question is whether this will allow users to just drop in an existing FSX aircraft and go fly, or if it’s there as an option to help developers bring over existing add-ons, with the add-ons still requiring other changes and updates to work.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stusue View Post
    This is why I asked if the folder structure was similar to older versions in the other thread. I have suspected from the beginning the sim is not completely new and built from the ground up. FSXI may be a more appropriate name.
    Mark Daniels

They've said from the beginning that they started with the FSX codebase and rebuilt or replaced things as they went, with little, if any, of the original code left at this point. Seeing as it is being released through the Microsoft Store, the file structure will likely be different and locked down. And the use of WebAssembly for add-ons also indicates that they will work differently.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    They've said from the beginning that they started with the FSX codebase and rebuilt or replaced things as they went, with little, if any, of the original code left at this point. Seeing as it is being released through the Microsoft Store, the file structure will likely be different and locked down. And the use of WebAssembly for add-ons also indicates that they will work differently.
    I'm not holding out for cross-compatibility. It's a whole nw sim. Why would you expect model construction to be anywhere NEAR similar? Please refer to online sources, preferably from ASOBO.

9. Default

If that is the actual complete acft list it would seem that they are not listening to the majority of the users that requested a Complex, High performance acft like the C182RG and would keep many real World CFIs from buying it and need it.
    I hope that they will have one in the final release, and an Steam gauge version with older instruments which are still the most widely used in flight training presently.

There are aircraft with steam gauges, as shown in some of the videos (see the cockpit Discovery Episode) and screenshots. And there will also be a Beachcraft Bonanza.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast