Fs2020 aircraft- so far

I just watched a pretty amazing video, on You Tube, from Flight Sim. It gave a list of the aircraft we can expect in 4K. The aircraft, scenery and cockpits look fantastic.

This is the list:

Airbus A320

Boeing 747

Cessna 172

Cessna Grand Caravan

Cessna Citation

Daher TBM 900

Daher TBM 930

Daimond DA62

Icon A5

Piper PA18

PX Cub

Robin Apex DR400

BUT... wouldn't be nice if they could migrate a couple of aircraft from FSX? I have a couple of favorites, the DC-3 & the Gumman

Goose. I've always had a soft spot for radial engines. Mainly because I spent some time working on them.

Does anyone have a favorite they'd like to see in the new flight sim?

Oh and who's taking bets that we are going to end up with Microdsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (that was released in 2021) So many bugs!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] RYZEN 5 3600X/MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE M/B with 64Gb ddr4 3600 RAM. Gigabyte RTX2070 Super GPU.

Liquid cooling and WD 1TB Blue SN550, M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen3 & WD 2TB Blue 3D NAND, 2.5" SATA III SSD

What? No B-737 (or 787). You're kidding! I'm not 100% certain on this but I do believe the 737 is the most popular airliner in the world.

As an old fav of mine, I'd love to see the 727 in my FS hanger.

Neither are under the control of Asoba. PMDG will supply a 737. 787 will come from Quality Wings.

You don't get an unlimited choice: No fighter aircraft, for example, modern or vintage...

Buy it, or don't. Your choice.

I read that we will be able to bring existing assets over from previous flight simulator. It wasa writen in one of MSFS updates..

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

I read that we will be able to bring existing assets over from previous flight simulator. It wasa writen in one of MSFS updates..

While they have confirmed that there is some form of flight model compatibility with FSX, they haven’t given any details about how it works. A big question is whether this will allow users to just drop in an existing FSX aircraft and go fly, or if it’s there as an option to help developers bring over existing add-ons, with the add-ons still requiring other changes and updates to work.

This is why I asked if the folder structure was similar to older versions in the other thread. I have suspected from the beginning the sim is not completely new and built from the ground up. FSXI may be a more appropriate name.

Mark Daniels

They've said from the beginning that they started with the FSX codebase and rebuilt or replaced things as they went, with little, if any, of the original code left at this point. Seeing as it is being released through the Microsoft Store, the file structure will likely be different and locked down. And the use of WebAssembly for add-ons also indicates that they will work differently.

They've said from the beginning that they started with the FSX codebase and rebuilt or replaced things as they went, with little, if any, of the original code left at this point. Seeing as it is being released through the Microsoft Store, the file structure will likely be different and locked down. And the use of WebAssembly for add-ons also indicates that they will work differently.

I'm not holding out for cross-compatibility. It's a whole nw sim. Why would you expect model construction to be anywhere NEAR similar? Please refer to online sources, preferably from ASOBO.

If that is the actual complete acft list it would seem that they are not listening to the majority of the users that requested a Complex, High performance acft like the C182RG and would keep many real World CFIs from buying it and need it.

I hope that they will have one in the final release, and an Steam gauge version with older instruments which are still the most widely used in flight training presently.

The C182RG has Cowl flaps as an example and some other controls that other acft mentioned do not have. They are also a lot more of them used in training. If they do not have the Steam version they should at least have one Digital C1XXRG.

Most people are not familiar with all the systems in the Cessna complex and they think that others are more complex but that is not the case.