Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATC says - resume your own navigation

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    EXAMPLE: Stupid? I just turned it into a question. I would be more careful what I post while quoting the owner of this site!
    Yes, Mr. Zippy, how careless of me to forget that polite manners are more important depending on who you are talking to. Ah, but since you aren't the owner, but you shouted (caps), scolded, and used an exclamation point, interesting questions arise concerning how to answer... [grin] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67yYWUmAnVA
    'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    I'd suggest anyone interested in the answer to the original question stop reading after message #2, which answers the question quite nicely, with the topic going off track after...
    +1

Flying to visit the Diamond factory(?) in Germany(?) or Austria(?); difficulty obtaining IFR clearance because destination airport is VFR only. Pilot stated this would not be a problem in the USA.

THEY WON'T LET US LAND - DA62 & "My First Time"
    236,076 views•Mar 2, 2018

Matt Guthmiller
    169K subscribers

We're running late, the airport closes at sunset, and we can't even file a flight plan. Stall the Diamond DA62 and tour the factory before a night on the town in Vienna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzFN7_P7qGQ
    'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Stall the Diamond DA62 and tour the factory before a night on the town in Vienna.
    Are you actually suggesting that the DA62 should be hangared, or at least parked? I don't think you really mean stall the airplane, a totally different meaning in aviation.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

For us in Australia; ATC will say something along the lines of “XXX, you’re BRG/DIST from a certain location, resume on navigation” or “resume own navigation, track DCT to XXX”.
    They will never just kick you out saying you’re on your own when on an IFR plan. They’ll send you to a point on your flight plan, and you pick it up from there. You don’t “restart” your plan, or just simply press GPS/NAV. The vectors they’ve sent you on may have bypassed several points on your plan...
    Cheers,
    flight_strike
    BAe146 Driver

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Are you actually suggesting that the DA62 should be hangared, or at least parked? I don't think you really mean stall the airplane, a totally different meaning in aviation.
    Ah...possibly in Austria they call a tie-down at an airport a stall? Like a horse goes in? To be honest, I'm not even sure about the horse thing ;-) What ever it was, I do feel confident it was something done on the ground, so should be safe...like "after engine start, I practiced aggravated stalls starting at the edge of the apron and all along the taxiways leading to the active."

Sean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123